Rain boots or shoes what do you use

Handlebarz

I try and avoid the rain if possible but hate having wet feet. I took the spikes out of a pair of old soft sole waterproof Footjoy Dry golf shoes and saved myself more than a few bucks based on what some of you guys pay for footwear. No they don't slip on the floor of the boat. Then if I absolutely must golf in the rain I screw the spikes back on, 2 for 1 specials.

Mike I am wearing a pair of waterproof breathable runners from crappy tire. I saw them on sale for 50. Not sure if they are still on sale. Good all round shoe. I wear every day. 2" of puddle and still dry.

For deep sea I have cabelas boat shoes. The deal for fibreglass deck

No shoe is waterproof especially when fishing a week straight and getting poured on every day (Last August my camping trip) The answer is Shimano Evair sandals, there like croc's but much much better. Very light, comfortable, and made with EVA foam similar to the material used on the rods.1

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/gear/Footwear/evair_sandal.html

They dry fast too :)

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

In the spring and fall I wear a good pair of insulated rubber boots. In the summer I don't care what I'm wearing on my feet when it's wet as long as they don't slip.

On a side note I never wear cotton anything cause it sucks when wet. Nylon pants and tops (or quick dry or what ever trademark name you prefer) makes for very comfortable fishing hot or cold, wet or dry.

No shoe is waterproof especially when fishing a week straight and getting poured on every day

Sorry Mike, but my Sorrell Gortex hiking boots are about 14 years old and they are still absolutely waterproof to this day even after all the wear they've had.

I payed $185 back then for them and their worth every $$$$

Edited by lew

I wear Merrell hikers with goretex - awesome and around $150.

I bought a pair of the waterproof but not goretex Merrells the year before - HORRIBLE - and almost as expensive! Waterproof is useless if it is not breathable!!! You get wet from the inside!!!

Pete

Another vote for these, I have the hikers and have fished in down pours and stepped in the lake and still bone dry. I always just wore flops but its nice to be dry when its a cold rain.

I bought a pair of the waterproof but not goretex Merrells the year before - HORRIBLE - and almost as expensive!

Merrell has had a great reputation for years but I'm wondering if their starting to go downhill.

I bought a pair of Merrell sandals 2 years ago and payed $115 and when I got home and took them outta the box I noticed alot of the stitching was already loose. I took them straight back to the store and exchanged them for another pair, but checked them carefully before leaving and they looked fine. I wore them for 2 weeks and then I noticed the stitching was fraying and coming apart so I took them back for a refund.

I complained to the manager about the garbage they were selling and was told that because nearly every make of sandal is now in the far east that's what we could expect from now on.

The Merrells were made in China

I ended up with a pair of Columbia's made in Viet Nam and after 2 years their still in decent shape.