Carpin'/Camping weekend on the St. Lawrence....

RJackson

An annual trip for us, it's some much needed kick back and relax in a lawnchair kinda weekend. Setting up on the Larry for a few days is perfect to fit the bill. The best part about this type of weekend is the ability to have people swing by to sit with us for a visit and hopefully catch a Carp. I think we had a dozen friends and family swing by throughout the weekend...

This was often the scene....the best.

may201.jpg

The water temps on the Larry are still cold, 52 degrees where we sat. Hardly the temps for high levels of Carp activity but we soldiered on.

Though the numbers weren't near where they have been in the past the size of the "lumps" that graced us were decent.

Couple of PB's for my girls....Ariel landed hers early in the weekend.

arielcarp.jpg

Birdee was all smiles with her new PB at 31.7 lbs...Oink!

birdee31carpfaceon.jpg

birdee31carpfix.jpg

More pics can be seen on our site if you need more of a big Goldfish fix!

http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures.ca/?p=1231

It was a mixed bag as to what baits were working. After a steady pile of Maize into the swim, I had a mix of Big Corn, Boilies and Maize on my rigs and none of them were the star.

Great weekend away, recharged the batteries and made memories with friends and family on the banks of the Larry.

RJ

Edited by RJackson

nice!

I can relate to the R&R with family poping in while Carp fishing. nothing more relaxing than sitting back in the chair and watching the day go by. The beauty part is being able to enjoy a beer... or 2 while being set up carping.

Cheers, Ron...

Edited by Ron

nice!

I can relate to the R&R with family poping in while Carp fishing. nothing more relaxing than sitting back in the chair and watching the day go by. The beauty part is being able to enjoy a beer... or 2 while being set up carping.

Cheers, Ron...

Thanks fellas. It is a great vacation for sure. The days did fly by sadly!

A great way to spend a holiday weekend !!!

The relaxing part of carp fishing was what attracted me to it at my age (77)...

Set-up, sit back and wait...replenish my ground bait every half hour and/or chum the area...

The sound of my alarm going off is music to my ears !!

Sure is Mike. I took a drive around the area each day, very few people fishing compared to years past.

RJ

The Canadian carp club is under new ownership and that may have effected their bookings from the UK.... I also noticed a lack of carpers so far...

Also it's been a terrible year until a few weeks ago... Tough tough fishing... But lots of 30s started coming out in the last 2-3 weeks...