Anima Nipissing Lake Help

bucktail

Here is a free Topo-map...you may have to sign up.

http://www.anglersatlas.com/lakes/25008/

lots of structure and rocks to be wary of. Do a bit of google research and you'll find some very neat historical spots; old cabins, trails, spiritual areas etc etc.

Should be very good fishing if you can find them (this can be tough)...this applies to all species.

The only lure I use in Anima-Nip is an original floating Rapala. The only fish I've caught there are smallies, a few rock bass around one area, and one big (for me) walleye. I've not tried for lakers there, nor have I specifically tried for walleye - that one came as I was trolling back to the launch.

I take my Sportspal in there when I do go. Very rocky bottom, very clear water. Very deep at points (I believe I marked over 200 feet in some spots). There's a small island you can land on that has some natural blueberries if you like that kind of thing. Not tons or anything, but the wife and I had a handful or two when we stopped for lunch. It's beautiful there when the water is calm. When it's rough, it's way too rough for me.

Also, be very careful. The water levels might be higher this year, I don't know, but if they are like whenever I've gone, you can be out in the middle of the lake and still hit your trolling motor on bottom. Depth is all over the place. I mostly stay up around the north half of the lake, but I've gone past the first narrows a couple times (no luck there, but I've heard further down past the second narrows is good, though last year the guys I know who fish down there said they couldn't find the walleye, but got lots of bass and pike). Again, be careful. The depth changes so radically there with no warning, and that wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't sometimes only a foot or two deep in spots.

I have fished this lake since the early 90s quite frequently.

It is a very clear water lake which is primarily lake trout, walleye and bass. It can be very tough to fish from time to time especially for walleye.

When you are headed up there is a good chance that you will get into some lake trout. Often we catch them trolling a shallow in the spring as well as drifting with jigging spoons.

If you are looking for numbers of trout (and not size) there are smaller adjacent lakes to portage to that hold trout.

There are some very large walleye, bass and trout in the lake.

Edited by Curryale

Darren.... I haven't fished it, but hope to be in camp Thursday night. If I am.. you can give me a ring and I'll at least meet you at the gas station to say hello. If it just rings.. we're not there.. but if you get the machine we are in camp so leave a message with ETA for Temagami (exactly an hour from North bay @ 100kmph). I'll PM you the number.