I Need to Tolerate My Company More Often

Well after work Thursday my buddy and I decided to do a little fishing. We headed out and did some more culvert hopping. Got a few including John's first brown in a few years.

DSC01759_zps4afaa35b.jpg

Now he left today for BOQ opener and that left me partner less yet eager to get out. I hate fishing by myself. The joy of sharing the experience is what I live for. Beside the conversation is dull and pedantic.

The problem lies in that we've been getting 25 degree days and this is tremendously accelerating our late spring.

I've explained in previous spring reports how there is a small window where trophy specks are available in large rivers in southern Ontario. With the heat I had a gut feeling(And that's some gut) that the front end of that window was starting.

I grabbed a selection of Panther Martins and headed out.

When this time is happening the specks start to congregate in the thalwag of streams. They are feeding like crazy and pretty easy to target.

I missed my first two hits and being superstitious changed PM's and started to get some results.

Opener was just last week so I had to get a few runs away from the access before Success! A healthy 12 incher

DSC01770_zpscbacb6ef.jpg

Yes worth getting off my ass and out from behind the keyboard. From that point on every place I expected to hit a trout I did.

Another 12

DSC01771_zpsfca74dd7.jpg

A really Fat 13

DSC01766_zps4da0d489.jpg

Better shot of his colourful flank

DSC01767_zps55b6658e.jpg

Still bigger 14"

DSC01765_zpsa1542039.jpg

Fished right till last light(Pain in the ass wading back to the truck though) and even saw a few risers.

Last fish of the night

DSC01773_zps0b5b6516.jpg

As I was coming upriver I came on this gorgeous looking hole that I just knew had to hold a trout.

This was the best photo I got

DSC01763_zpsa7801074.jpg

nother shot as I'm landing it

DSC01762_zps60441a6f.jpg

A beautiful 16 inch southern ontario speck Popped a chubby I was so pumped. I hope the rest of my spring goes this well.

I really wish I had someone to share this with in person tonight on the river cause it was magical but at least I have OFC to share it with after

Edited by Musky or Specks

Beautiful specks Brad. I don’t think you’d have a hard time finding guys wanting to join you on that water (myself included). Looks like my spring trout fishing is shot this year…Definitely Itching to get out on the streams for those pretty gems before closer :)

Beautiful specks Brad. I don’t think you’d have a hard time finding guys wanting to join you on that water (myself included). Looks like my spring trout fishing is shot this year…Definitely Itching to get out on the streams for those pretty gems before closer :)

Not to many guys willing to be blindfolded though till we get to my spots. And let me check their person for GPS trackers.

What a great report sir. Very well done. I like the video done solo. It has been years since getting a few of those beauties. You have bagged more last night than I have in a lifetime.

I agree whole heartedly that sharing a good outing is greater than when done alone. Kind of like sex, it's just not the same alone.

What a great report sir. Very well done. I like the video done solo. It has been years since getting a few of those beauties. You have bagged more last night than I have in a lifetime.

I agree whole heartedly that sharing a good outing is greater than when done alone. Kind of like sex, it's just not the same alone.

Seexxx? What is this word you use?