Manitoulin Ferry!

Headhunter

According to an article in today's Toronto Star, it seems that low water levels in Lake Huron have put the ferry in trouble.

Apparently, with the water levels so low, the ferry (Chi-Cheemaun) cannot dock at either Tobermory or South Baymouth as the dock bumpers that protect the ship are now too high for them to be of use to the ship.

Could take up to 6 weeks to install new bumpers that will protect the ship arriving at either dock.

Just thought I'd give ya all a heads up!

HH

Thanks for posting HH, its a nice but long drive without the ferry, have family in Sudbury so we used to stop for a coffee there and then head outside of Gore Bay to our favourite fishing camp, then we would often take the ferry back. Did that for over 30 years, beautiful part of the country.

Sad.. that nobody considered this in the 4+ months since the ferry stopped operations in the Fall.. to do something before spring. It's not that the water level will effect the service, it's the bumpers and I believe they said on the news last night this is going to cost $275,000 ! + the loss of business to the little shops everyone frequents after parking their cars and waiting for the ferry.

I don't think it matters too much....the water isn't deep enough to float the ferry without some dredging, of which, the funding hasn't been approved by the feds.

I wonder if the provinces first openly gay female premier can come up with the money

I don't think it matters too much....the water isn't deep enough to float the ferry without some dredging, of which, the funding hasn't been approved by the feds.

I wonder if the provinces first openly gay female premier can come up with the money

I somehow doubt her sexual orientation has anything to do with her ability to govern.

G

I wouldn't think so either but that is the only way I have heard her introduced since she was appointed

I somehow doubt her sexual orientation has anything to do with her ability to govern.

G

Edited by Dara

They came up with $310 mill to cancel the gas plants!

Sorry, but I gotta agree with Gerritt on this one...

HH

565 mil...310 was only for Mississauga...over half a bil and she still has an approval rating...go figure

HH

HH

You make it sound like agreeing with me is a bad thing Joe LOL! Perhaps Ms. Wynne could personally invite us all to her website asking for donations..

G

Edited by Gerritt