Whitby- Fishing spots?

Canadian1995

hello, does anybody know of any fishing spots in whitby? preferably within walking distance of my house(s). i'll make it easy. does anybody know of any fishing spots within a 2.5km radius of either all saints or father leo j austin? i went to lynde creek yesterday evening and must have hiked along the creek a good kilometre or two, and i didn't see a single fish, and most of the water was clear so i would have spotted any in there. there was wildlife signs (like the ones in the zoo that describe species) along the trail but there was no fish in the water? where are the fish?

I've never caught anything in the lynde marsh... I have seen lots and lots of carp, and have heard the bullheads are in there... Bullheads never seem to be there everytime I've gone down there.

I've heard there are some nice fish in the harbour, but again... Never caught anything there either...

There are a couple of ponds up that way... One of them I've heard has bass, but you're not allowed to fish them yet. One I know has carp n goldfish. And one looks more of a natural pond than a stormwater reservoir, might have some fish in it...

I've never caught anything in the lynde marsh... I have seen lots and lots of carp, and have heard the bullheads are in there... Bullheads never seem to be there everytime I've gone down there.

I've heard there are some nice fish in the harbour, but again... Never caught anything there either...

There are a couple of ponds up that way... One of them I've heard has bass, but you're not allowed to fish them yet. One I know has carp n goldfish. And one looks more of a natural pond than a stormwater reservoir, might have some fish in it...

yes, i've decided i'm going to systematically go and hike around all the creeks and ponds within a 3km radius of my house. i'm going to check out the storm water one you told me about a few days ago and the creek to the west of it on my spare tommorow at school. then i'm going to check pringle creek on tuesday and see what's there. if all else fails, im going to have to hike my ass down to lake ontario lol.

hello, does anybody know of any fishing spots in whitby? preferably within walking distance of my house(s). i'll make it easy. does anybody know of any fishing spots within a 2.5km radius of either all saints or father leo j austin? i went to lynde creek yesterday evening and must have hiked along the creek a good kilometre or two, and i didn't see a single fish, and most of the water was clear so i would have spotted any in there. there was wildlife signs (like the ones in the zoo that describe species) along the trail but there was no fish in the water? where are the fish?

The creeks u speak of are no more than Street run off .. Try Duffins creek or oshawa creek.. you will have much better luck

yes, i've decided i'm going to systematically go and hike around all the creeks and ponds within a 3km radius of my house. i'm going to check out the storm water one you told me about a few days ago and the creek to the west of it on my spare tommorow at school. then i'm going to check pringle creek on tuesday and see what's there. if all else fails, im going to have to hike my ass down to lake ontario lol.

lynde marsh holds lots of catfish and the odd perch, small peice of worm under a small float should do the trick nicely, fish off of victoria st, i used to sit on the culvert and catch 30+ in an evening. pringle creek is gin gin clearand very low, and will require an extremely stealthy approach to fish

I believe you answered your own question right there.

not necessarily... As i mentioned i hiked along lynde creek for a good km or 2 and no fish, i.thought logically there would be, but i guess not. Im a complete newbie. Sorry if i came across as ignorant.