Muskie Odyssey

Loonietoon

Yes indeed it was a great show. Spent my fair share of coin, ironically, not on lures but on a new Revo. Now I got the itch to try it out. Gotta hand it to Mike and his wife Danna. They had a great booth and every chance I had to go over to chat, there was someone else buying more of his lures! I bet it was one of the busiest booths at the show. Very happy with the T's he set aside for me and just wait till you see what else the 2 buggars did for me! My only regret was to not get there for Sarics first seminar, it was all about casting. Unfortunately we only got to take in the trolling seminar and anyone that knows me, as soon as Jim said the word "trolling" I started to fall asleep. :blush: I'm sure it was a well appreciated talk, but i just couldn't keep my eyes open, sorry Jim. As much as I am not involved with MCI any more, a big hats off to the boys who made this work and fine tuned so well. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers, Ron...

You're killing me. I made the last 3 Odysseys, but had to work this time and couldn't go...dang new job. Hope everyone had a great time and spent lots of $$ on pretty new lures. i bought so many at the last Odyssey there are a few that haven't seen water yet...and a few others that have no teeth marks yet.

Show was great, and it was great to meet so many "Internet" friends face to face. A special thanks to all those that made purchases at the 50 Inch Apparel booth you guys kept me running all day. It was my first Odyssey and won't be my last awesome turnout, and a great job done by all the MCI volunteers :clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

IMG_0431_zps7d3217d1.jpg

It was great to see everyone. We had alot of OFC members stop over at the booth and chat lots that I have known or met before and a bunch I had not met but was glad to meet. To the new guys and girls from here that I just met please forgive me if I forget your name next time we meet I was so busy at times I did not realize who I was talking with until after.

Carl it was great to finally meet you for a chat Saturday.

John Cowan was awesome for lending his musky to us for the day. He picked it up Friday drove from advance taxidermy to st.catherines dropped it off then went back to T.O. That was to nice. I must say that because of the musky being in the booth all day my wife has decided that she wants me to get my replica done. Woohoo thanks John

I just want to thank all the OFC members for the support over these years your all awesome.

the show was great. it was my first time going, will be going again for sure.

Figure 8 baits had some great buy 2 get 1 free deals on lures. also picked up some frantic bait, waterwolf and handlebarz lures. lots of stuff here you cant find in stores

got to chat with jim saric a bit, and got some tips from him which was nice. he was walking around mingling after his trolling seminar.

i was hoping to buy a new lakewood box, and trolling rod. but didnt find what i was looking for. only JB's was selling rods, and i asked if they had the st croix trolling rod, they tried to sell me the mojo musky. i told them i was looking for the glass st croix, they said were sold out before they came to the show. bummer. but that rod money went towards more lures lol. so not a total loss.

ended up getting a sweet deal on a casting rod in the silent auction. cant complain.

heres some of the goodies i got

20130413_180805_zps7246ac04.jpg

i had a great time at the show! picked up lots of cool stuff including some hosejerks, custom lures from bare bones baits and a couple frantic big game topwaters. i did get 2 twin tens for the price of 1 from figure 8 baits which was an awesome deal and a handlebarz that are not in the pic.

also got a cool hook sharpener from leo

muskie lure.JPG

i had a great time at the show! picked up lots of cool stuff including some hosejerks, custom lures from bare bones baits and a couple frantic big game topwaters. i did get 2 twin tens for the price of 1 from figure 8 baits which was an awesome deal and a handlebarz that are not in the pic.

also got a cool hook sharpener from leo

i got the frantic poppa dawg too in a different colour.

cant wait to try that out. plan to use it for bass too

I did not take any pictures but did get a frantic popper that is killer a bunch of stuff from water wolf lures and another revo toro winch. I wanted to get a couple rods but they did not have the ones I wanted.

It was great to see everyone there my wife and I had a blast.