Pileated tree destroyer

lew

Great photo, Lew! Yanno, every time I see or hear one of them I always think how good it would be if I could make my electronic's connections in the boat as solid as the nerve connections in their heads are.

Yeah, it's hard to believe they can pound the trees as hard as they do without knocking their little brains loose. He was hammering a mile a minute when I took that pic and that's why his head looks fuzzy.

There's 3 of them around here I see all the time but this guy is determined to kill that tree of mine. All 3 of them were sitting side by side on a limb outside the window one day but by the time I got the camera they'd taken off.

Yeah, it's hard to believe they can pound the trees as hard as they do without knocking their little brains loose. He was hammering a mile a minute when I took that pic and that's why his head looks fuzzy.

There's 3 of them around here I see all the time but this guy is determined to kill that tree of mine. All 3 of them were sitting side by side on a limb outside the window one day but by the time I got the camera they'd taken off.

Someone studying concussions or Parkinson's should be looking at them not humans.

I am glad to have one thing in common though - a functional pecker. (c'mon, someone had to write it)

Jim

I hear ya Rob, but when that woody is pounding away on the tree with the chainsaw for a beak, and the woodchips are flying as he digs 2" wide holes, it's hard to think about the bugs :lol: