Beteau Lake 2012 photo journal

Well seeing as there have been several trip reports regarding Eddie Norths Beteau Lake camp I have decided to just put up a few pictures in lieu of an editorial, after all we have heard numerous times what a great guy Eddie is and how well equipped his camp is.

Always an interesting drive up...

untitled-735_zps6df8e4e3.jpg

This trip we took everything including the kitchen sink

untitled-803_zpscc96a5a5.jpg

Met a couple of rookies on the dock at Beteau…lol, the Fishing Canada boys were just leaving after a week of filming.

untitled-811_zpsefdc46b8.jpg

The "Leuenberger Lift"

untitled-750_zpsd2dd8f52.jpg

untitled-753_zps2ae5e33f.jpg

untitled-591_zpsd74af86b.jpg

untitled-596_zps5ac5319e.jpg

untitled-872_zps3af2f98a.jpg

untitled-600_zpse8238af0.jpg

untitled-477_zps26e1183d.jpg

untitled-478_zpsfb602094.jpg

untitled-658_zps8d68302c.jpg

untitled-480_zpse7239545.jpg

The "Blender Boys"

untitled-670_zps41ed2f64.jpg

The "Walleye Wanderers" with are hosts Craig & Eddie

untitled-672_zpsc6fd041d.jpg

untitled-610_zps2c1b0b41.jpg

untitled-677_zps12a2c22b.jpg

untitled-614_zps3ba6c3b1.jpg

untitled-503_zpsd62d7d51.jpg

untitled-1024_zps4ee71d7a.jpg

Eddie the baker...

untitled-1032_zpsadfac68b.jpg

untitled-1042_zps52fce4f3.jpg

untitled-1090_zps6e60ba01.jpg

untitled-773_zps7ad0c1f9.jpg

Frank proving that fish will eat nearly anything. I won't have believed it but I was in the boat, a nice Walleye caught on a scrap of Franks wives black facecloth with a couple of hooks strategically inserted…thanks for the laugh Frank!

untitled-583_zps9de77d7f.jpg

Spring Beteau Moose

untitled-534_zps3968bbca.jpg

Thanks Eddie for the memorable week

when is the ideal time to target the big pike up at eddies? is beteau lake the best lake for them?

Not having fished any other of Eddies camps I am not qualified to say that Beteau is the best Pike lake however there are certainly large numbers of big fish in there!

In 2011 we visited Beteau in late August (low water conditions) and caught many a nice Pike with good weight as they had the feedbag strapped on all summer long. In 2012 we visited Beteau in the Spring (high water conditions) and experienced ferocious action however the fish were typically a little thinner than the fall. I believe that early spring, very shortly after ice out is the best time to target Northern Pike and this years trip should verify that fact :good:

One of my favourite places, thanks for posting! Been tweaking my arsenal recently for an mid May trip up there.

Hey Mike, one of my favorite places too. You better hope things warm up soon, still making ice up here, had to make an extension for the auger a couple of weeks ago....40+" of ice and 2-3 feet of snow insulating it.

Agreed, and we'll do our darndest to sting every single aggressive fish before you arrive. :)

Hey Mike, one of my favorite places too. You better hope things warm up soon, still making ice up here, had to make an extension for the auger a couple of weeks ago....40+" of ice and 2-3 feet of snow insulating it.

LOL, don't forget the Tip-ups Mike!

(and leave the secret weapon under the bunk on the left) :ninja:

LOL, don't forget the Tip-ups Mike!

(and leave the secret weapon under the bunk on the left) :ninja:

Yeah yeah I know. It's going to be a miracle if this trip pans out the way the spring is going.

Here's hoping for a really warm April.

Fortunately there's always Nipigon as a backup.