Pic fishing in simcoe

Blair

Never caught a pickeral in Simcoe either.....

I've heard of them getting caught on the east side of the lake tho....so, that's where i'd try, but to be honest, I would try a different lake if its pickeral your after. Any of the kawartha lakes have good mumbers of them.

If you do find them in simcoe, I'd love to hear about it!!

Sinker

:D Hey Welcome!

There is a couple of good spots around Cooks Bay, and not all of us indians wanna scalp ya either! Pay close attention...The mouth of a certain place near a well known marina has hosted a few good size fish and a lil variety too....You can see the rocks forming a wall too.....The southern part can be fun too.....

The reason we join this thread is to fish and have fun.....Good Luck and happy fishing!

Lorissa

Welcome to the board, Baitbutcher, you will enjoy this board...I joined the old board a little while back but lost what little 'seniority' gained when came over to the new and improved site...but no matter, still great to read about all the trips the fellas go on and pick up tidbits of tips and tricks etc.

As far as good spots on Simcoe, or any other lake for that matter, you may want to go out and buy those Fishing Ontario Mapbooks, I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart in the magazine section. There are three books Kawarthas, Muskoka, and Eastern Ontario. They have depth charts for more lakes than you will ever be able to get to.

The Kawarthas book has the depth map of Lake Simcoe. Now, if you are right into fishing or are starting to think you will be....the usual tell tale sign is buying tons of fishing magazines.... :lol: point being you will find out the important of looking for structure on any given lake and thats what those depth maps help you with. Having a map of the lake and then asking on here about which type of structure should you look for etc....you will get all kinds of pointers, then you just turn to your map and go out and try some likely looking spots....take a pencil with you and mark on the map any places you find that are good/not good.

Another good thing about those Fishing Ontario mapbooks, is that they have a little write up on each lake and even point out some places to try on the lake for a starting point. I have read far more about fishing than have actually had a chance to do unfortunately, so I suffer more from info overload...and end up forgetting alot of it, which of course is a great excuse to pick up those same old magazines and read em again...:)

Anyhow sorry for the :blahblah1: wish you well in fishing and hope to hear some good reports and pictures!

BB

Wow, interesting thread indeed. I have only a couple posts on this board, but I'll offer my thoughts, which may not even be 2cents worth!

My father is a very experienced bass fisherman. He moved to a new area and didn't know any of the bodies of water. He is computer illiterate, but ended up finding a different website from this one, and posted his first post, which actually asked something similar to what this guy was asking that started this thread. And similarly, he recieved a very negative response. In his opinion he was coming to a board to chat it up with local people, and was really not asking for "secret spots", just a few places he might try. He felt so interrogated that he NEVER went back to that website again.

The thing is, he could've probably outfished all of them. His mistake, he didn't know board etiquette, and being older wasn't aware that there were any defined rules for posting...internet is new to him (yes there are still a few who aren't up with tech.).

I must say I was a little surprised that some people jumped on this guy the way they did. if you don't like that he didn't post with etiquette, then you can mention that in a pm, no? Certainly slamming someone is not an effective teaching tool. Why post on a public board and make someone feel like an ass?

Anyway, happy fishing!

I didn't mean to start a debate but after reading all the posts I was happy to see the responses(yes even from you MISFISH LOL). I fully agree with you about fishing spots I just thought he could have been handled better that's all. There have been so many amazing stories about members helping each other in good and bad times.It feels like a bit of a family on here and I know personally that my family would never speak to me the way .I also realize that there is a bit of cabin fever going on here so i suggest a day of fishing for everyone !! Anyways keep up the good work everyone and lets keep our reputation as the best board on the net ! Tight lines Speck