I really need this weekend of fishing.

Fishnwire

I haven't ice fished very much this season. A handful of times is all. Most years by now I would have 30 or 40 days on the ice and maybe 20 nights in the hut. I've been preoccupied with; 1) Reconciling with my wife after almost a year of being separated. 2) Making her, and then finding out she's pregnant. Then sweating through the first trimester, going to doctors and baby shops the whole time, and telling family and "dealing" with the help/advice. 3) Buying a house...anyone who's done so knows what that involves...it's seemingly endless. I've been working nights so I've been available for all the meetings with the real estate agent/bank/mortgage broker/home inspector/insurance agent...etc....but I was dragging my butt at work a few nights, that's for sure.

Now I'm off work for the next 14 days. She's got stuff to do with her Mom, there's no future-daddy stuff scheduled, and everything with the house purchase is taken care of. The weather is supposed to be great and some good buddies of mine are going to be at their place on the river for the weekend.

I'm looking forward to this weekend and doing some fishing more than I have in a long time. Not getting to fish as much as I'd like (something I'll have to get used to with the whole Dad/attentive husband/homeowner thing) isn't great...but the anticipation and excitement is on a level I haven't felt in a while.

Sorry to go on and on...like I say, I'm excited.

Sometimes it's the toughest thing for any of us to admit:

There are more important things than fishing.

Good luck this weekend, though like you said.. bright side, you haven't been out in so long even the slowest of days will be relieving and rewarding!

Enjoy the free time while it lasts. When my kids were born I didn't have any issues giving up 75% of my fishing time. You learn that night fishing is your friend. Fish at night than come home in time for the night feeding and you are good!

Take a minute and take a deep breathe when you're out, look around, listen to the sounds. Sometimes that memory gets you through the crying, diaper changing and sleepness nights. Congrats!!

nick

Thanks guys. I hear everything you're saying about enjoying (savoring) the time while I can. I'm doing just that.

As an added bonus...the Aircard I got from Bell a couple weeks back gets decent reception out here on the ice! I'm in the shack right now typing on my laptop.

I wish I was too busy catching fish to log on to OFC...but so far it's a little slow. Maybe when the sun starts to dip we'll get a flurry of action. Hope springs eternal..

If I get anything worth taking the camera out for, I'll post some pics.