Getting Ready For Ice

dwc67

i made some creepers for this season. it's ron's design and they are the best i have seen. thanks for the material bud

113169.JPG

i made this wind anchor for my trap to replace the one i lost last year

113170.JPG

it ties to your trap/hut and you put the pipe down another hole. when you want it out you pull the rope on the end of the pipe.

113168.JPG

Nice work but, have you ever tried to walk in a pair of downhill skiboots? I think you might get the same effect of not being able to bend the sole of your foot. I think that's why you'll see most commercial made creepers are flexible.

Edited by Fisherman

Looks like you are getting all geared up for the ice. I buddy of mine has those metal creepers. Alot of the "Old Rainbow" fishing guys do. However my friend never wears them anymore because they are too darn heavy.

I do alot of ice fishing. A few years ago I got -100C rated boots solely for ice fishing. The only time I wear them is for ice fishing and I never wear boots while I am driving my car.

So I went to Crappy Tire and got 3/8 hex screws and screwed them into the bottom of my boots. This will work on any boots suitable for winter wear. The head of the hex bolts give you more then enough traction. Nothing to strap on ...no extra weight. If you find your new creepers too heavy or a bit of a bother give the hex bolts a try. I'm sold on it.

P.S. I found after 3 seasons some of the heads where getting a little rounded and my ice traction was not as good. Just take em out and screw new ones in.

Bring on the ice.