Some Canadian History N/F

They scraped because our friends from the south were scared of it and NASA wanted the engineers from that program, but as a consolation prize we got some nice missiles with no warheads. The airplane museum at Downsview just finished there replica a few months ago.

As the story goes, I believe one of the test pilots, for kicks, took her across Lake Ontario and buzzed the US Air Force base in Niagara Falls, NY.

How's that for a Howdy Do? Would have loved to have been there!

Beauty eh?

my grandfather worked as a machinist on that jet. When they scrapped it Nasa wanted him to go down south to work with them as they were in desperate need of people to work on there aircraft.

My grandfather declined going down there as I beleive there was a war at the time and was worried about my uncle and my dad being sent to battle. At the time they didnt have a clue of how tech. advanced that jet was. someone got a heavy load of cash in there pocket and that was the end of that.

Awesome jet though!

Cheers!

My father worked on the fuel system and modular weapons systems for that plane. When they scrapped it, most of his friends were laid off but Dad was lucky enough to keep his job. I watched one of the test flights go by, amazing. Dad also got to know Zurakowski, the test pilot.

Pretty close Lew. Believe he died in 04 at Barry's Bay. I think he quit flying and bought a tourist camp after they scrapped the arrow. I think there's a memorial museum there now.