Biggest walleye you've heard of?

Rod Caster

man to have fished quinte in the 90's.

since 2002 when I started fishing quinte, and following it very closely (including the message boards) i've yet to see a picture of a 16lbs'er (aside from ole mallards).

i know the guides have put an informal bounty in place for a real 16lbs'er...they too have not seen one in the 2000's - cept for jimmy johnson who caught a 16 on camera with angler/hunter tv.

but i've heard of all kinds of big fish in the 90's....just not since.

my boat has not cracked 15lbs. still dreamin'.

Edited by Steve

Seen a legit 16lb walleye at the old bay view inn in deseronto back in the late 80,s and a few more in the early 90"s !!!!! It was insane back then there were some fish caught in the 20lb range but to even see a 16lb weighed was awesome !!!!!! Check to old tourney weights from back then and 14lbers were fairly common !!!!!! My personal best from quinte was 13.3lbs and a 12.9lb from the Ottawa river !!!! But I know tere was a 20lb caught in quinte back in the mid 90"s David aka super dad I beige can confirm it ???

Yah, the 90's was the hayday for Quinte... a bad day out was 20 fish! Best day ever was a 35 fish day. We had north west winds steady at 40k, with gusts of 60-80k. It was not a day for the faint of heart. Actually there was only one other boat out that day, they never got past the pump house in Picton.

Four of us bouncing around in the boat, (20ft Targa -glass boat with a 225 merc)we never got out as far as the cement plant... 5 footers plus!

We left the launch in the dark, dropped our lines as soon as we passed the pump house and had a triple header on within 200 yds. I'm pretty sure I got my PB that day, 14.5lbs. Got a crappy pic of it somewhere as it was still dark and we were struggling to keep lines in the water.

I have personally seen one 16lb pickereye, numerous fish in the 12-14lb range.

Funny how jaded you get when every fish is a teenager! Got to the point where only fish pics were taken of 13+lbers.

It got to the point that day, that the guys out with us were saying, no you go ahead and reel that fish in, my arms are still aching from the last fish!

I don't think we will ever see that again, since the Bay has changed so much since that time. Also, during the 90's, seeing more than 5 boats out would be a really busy day! These days, you're in line with 5 boats at the launch!

HH

Seen a legit 16lb walleye at the old bay view inn in deseronto back in the late 80,s and a few more in the early 90"s !!!!! It was insane back then there were some fish caught in the 20lb range but to even see a 16lb weighed was awesome !!!!!! Check to old tourney weights from back then and 14lbers were fairly common !!!!!! My personal best from quinte was 13.3lbs and a 12.9lb from the Ottawa river !!!! But I know tere was a 20lb caught in quinte back in the mid 90"s David aka super dad I beige can confirm it ???