Sportsman Show Thurs

captpierre

Got to the show for 4:30 pm. ( outside parking free after 4 today and tomorrow reg $14.)

Not well attended likely due to the weather but not a very impressive show IMO.

Highlights were :

1 Raptor exhibit with eagles, hawks and owls

2 MNR display with young muskies. Had a cool chat with the biologist

3 Walleye fishing seminar by Sheldon Hatch. Said a lot of conventional wisdom about walleye fishing is wrong.

like that they are light phobic. bait colour not very important. he often catches them shallow in deep water in the

Kawarthas.

Find the baitfish and you'll find the walleyes. likes trolling with planer boards but has also caught lots in the propwash

Likes the new Gulp worm harness worms that are hollow and bent to rotate

I pick a lot of daytime walleye up dropshotting shallow water in kawarthas..well I used to when I fished there at least.

Sportsman show was brutal, everybody please save your hard earned time and money, this show is a total waste of time now. And it's sad

I was there Thurs after 4 pm after a few years not going and it was just ok. It was not crowded and the exhibitors were available to talk. There seem to be less of everything as I remember from years past. Liked the new Toyota Rav4 found it several locations in the show.

I pick a lot of daytime walleye up dropshotting shallow water in kawarthas..well I used to when I fished there at least.

Sportsman show was brutal, everybody please save your hard earned time and money, this show is a total waste of time now. And it's sad

A friend of mine said the same thing!!!At one time that was" The SHOW".To bad.

2 friends took a day from work on thursday and headed to toronto early to catch everything. They said the same and left after a few hours. They won't be going next year either. I stopped going when a few of my favorite vendors pulled out a few years back.

My guess is the show organizers are running profit optimizations at this point..a drop in attendance and exhibitors is not relevant as long as it fits the model.