Portable HDS 7 ?

Lunker777

mine has internal antenna

I found in navigation I can tell it to get gps info from different unit..but it doesn't say if that turns it off. I saw no change in voltage...will keep looking

I'm finding the same result. Menu/Settings/System/Satellites...

Even when you remove the source, the iGPS is still searching for satellites.

I tried entering demo mode which will turn off GPS but it also puts sonar into demo mode.

I'm shocked they would drop that capability from the LMS units, I hope we're just missing something.

I use an old lowrance X-96. The thing works mint thru the ice. I use the skimmer transducer, and it marks any jig you want down to 100ft easily in real time.

I really don't see the need for a fancy, colour, gps combo on the ice. Your really just beating up your nicer units for nothing. The cheap lowrance I use marks the exact same fish as the nicer colour units, and mine will run for days on a single battery.

Just sayin....

S.

I have fancy ones too, but I'd rather beat up a $200 unit that does the EXACT same thing. Do people really use the flasher mode on their graphs? I. Use a graph, because I prefer a graph lol......

To each their own I guess.

S.

I do Shane. The X67 gives either option and since moving down here and beginning to use a sonar for ice fishing, that's just simply what I chose to start out with. Now again though I'll flip to the graph for the heck of it. People just get used to relating to familiarity right. No right or wrong way... but I do kind of agree, you don't need to get "fancy," unless you want to.

I do Shane. The X67 gives either option and since moving down here and beginning to use a sonar for ice fishing, that's just simply what I chose to start out with. Now again though I'll flip to the graph for the heck of it. People just get used to relating to familiarity right. No right or wrong way... but I do kind of agree, you don't need to get "fancy," unless you want to.

The colour unit is nice in flasher mode but the real reason most of us use "fancy" machines is because we already have them.

I use an old lowrance X-96. The thing works mint thru the ice. I use the skimmer transducer, and it marks any jig you want down to 100ft easily in real time.

I really don't see the need for a fancy, colour, gps combo on the ice. Your really just beating up your nicer units for nothing. The cheap lowrance I use marks the exact same fish as the nicer colour units, and mine will run for days on a single battery.

Just sayin....

S.

The only reason is because I already have the HDS units. I have two of them I bought for the boat last year. I bought them used, so I don't have a whole lot of money invested. I only used one for the MAJORITY of the season.... so I figured I could use the other as a unit for on the ice..... the 3-4 times a year I get out.

I have invested enough in ice fishing this year so far :/.... I don't want to go out and spend another $2-300 on another F/F. lol Especially with this warm spell that just rolled through..... I don't think we are going to see ice in southern Ontario the rest of this season.