NF..... Light weight hunting style boot

Burtess

I am looking for a light weight hunting style boot, little or no insulation for spring / summer / fall bushwacking.

When I was in my late teens (late '80's) I had a pair of Kodiak Wilderness Boots. They were super light weight and had just a small amount of insulation, they had very flexible soles and were very comfortable. This is what I am looking for.

I have looked at the Danner Jackal II (not much tread on these) and the Irish Setter Upland DSS, both are around 40oz. Also I have seen some Redhead boots that are very light weight but I don't know if the quality is up there with the other Brand names? I am sure Cabelas has some self branded boots that would fit the bill but being no where near a store makes it difficult to evaluate from just a description.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Burt :)

I have a pair of irish setters and a pair of red heads. I like both of them. the red heads are older now and are gortex, never leaked for me and did just fine for about 4 or 5 years, lots of km's on them. The Setters I have are the 2000 gram thinsulate ones, not light and heavily insulated, so I couldn't comment on those for you but they have been pretty good thus far.