A very memorable day of fishing

Acountdeleted

littlepike_zpsbd8f2bc6.jpg

My first ever non- perch through the ice.

If I wasn't hooked on ice fishing then I sure am now. Watching on my flasher I had to coax this pike into biting for about an hour. I was able to bring it from the bottom of the lake to about 5 feet from the surface but the bugger would never hit....... until I got a phone call or tried to eat lunch and fish at the same time causing me to lose him twice. The third strike though was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. Watching my sonar I see my lure is about 2 feet above him, I pause in between jigging and watch as he rockets for it full speed. So cool to see happen.

Wasn't expecting to catch a pike, much less on a micro grub with a minnow head so I had to remove the hook with my bare hands (new apreciation for those guys who put their heads in the lions mouth).

littlepike2_zps62cdad0d.jpg

A better pic because there is nothing to refrence the size against so I can tell my buddies its 3 pounds. :lol:

On a side note, I still have no idea how to catch crappie..............

Great way to start the season man !!! Nice little rocket !!!!! Gets the heart pumping when you get them chasing your lure and then you entice them to bite !!!! Woo hoo .... It's awesome to see a big king salmon rip up from 70 feet down right up to 35 feet to smash a spoon or a fly when you see that happen on your graph and then to see your rod almost get ripped out of the rigger holder !!!!! Ya....