Let's talk about the 2013 tournament

Leecher

Here's what I propose:

All same rules apply from previous years, so nothing changes, instead of adding longest fish, you get 1 point for each species of fish caught per day.

You're only allowed 1 fish per species per day. Members are responsible for having a tournament sign in their picture taken of their catch and submitting it to their Captain.

Captains are responsible for submitting their teams catches every month to organiser.

Organiser updates the tournament score card every month. The most points wins it. That simple. What you think?

Jacques

Biggest issue I have with this idea is that I'd have to take over 200 pictures with an ofc sign and submit them ALL....

Second.... By that system a 55" musky is worth the same as a 5" perch or a 10" bass....

All this system will show is who has the time to be submitting pics and info all year.... Someone can catch 1 little perch every day and register and get more points then someone who gets 100 nice bass every Saturday because its 1 point per species per day....

I like the idea of change and I think if we all put our heads together we can figure something out....

You're only allowed 1 fish per species you catch per day... so no need for 200 pics :)

Biggest issue I have with this idea is that I'd have to take over 200 pictures with an ofc sign and submit them ALL....

By this system, those that don't have a boat can contribute to the team they have joined and yes inches don't really matter in this format :)

Second.... By that system a 55" musky is worth the same as a 5" perch or a 10" bass....

Yep and kids on this site can participate as well :)

All this system will show is who has the time to be submitting pics and info all year.... Someone can catch 1 little perch every day and register and get more points then someone who gets 100 nice bass every Saturday because its 1 point per species per day....

This was just my thoughts and think it can work :)

I like the idea of change and I think if we all put our heads together we can figure something out....

Why not put more point value on "trophy" fish? Eg. A 50+ inch musky worth more than a 45 inched...

In other words, rather than overall inches vs overall species... But a point system within each species

If I'm way off, lemme know... First timer here

I think it has to stay as the length of the fish. Should there be a cut off for number of individuals?

All rules from previous tournaments applies... this format takes out the measuring of fish so that when you are fishing and catch something, only a pic with your sign in it is required... taking out the stress to the fish of having measure it.

Why not put more point value on "trophy" fish? Eg. A 50+ inch musky worth more than a 45 inched...

In other words, rather than overall inches vs overall species... But a point system within each species

If I'm way off, lemme know... First timer here

Hey soobnoob this is what it's all about... bringing ideas and sharing them :thumbsup_anim: I'm just suggesting simple ones to let the shore fishers and kids have a chance to submit their catches... total points vs inches makes it more accessible for them :)

I fish about 100 days a year and usually get more then one species.... Sometimes 3-4.... So yes.... I'd have to register 200+ pictures if I want ALL my points.....

Right???

Or did I misunderstand your proposal?

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here either....

You're only registering BIGGER fish then your previous ones though. So unless you're catching 60+ inch muskie and 35+ inch walleye, you can't be submitting that many pics, lol.

I fish about 100 days a year and usually get more then one species.... Sometimes 3-4.... So yes.... I'd have to register 200+ pictures if I want ALL my points.....

Right???

Or did I misunderstand your proposal?

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here either....

I understand what you are saying Mike... In your case, since you go out fishing a lot more then any of us, yes you will have to submit more pics then any of us but think of a kid that only gets to fish a few times a year and when he does, can submit what he caught... with the old format, he would just have to forget about it. discouraging him to try for something bigger.

But your talking about stressing way more fish instead of a few bigger ones... No?

No, once you have a pic of a specie with the sign, others you catch can be quickly released, no need for pics then.

Hey soobnoob this is what it's all about... bringing ideas and sharing them :thumbsup_anim: I'm just suggesting simple ones to let the shore fishers and kids have a chance to submit their catches... total points vs inches makes it more accessible for them :)

Why not have separate categories for kids and/or shore anglers then? Different age groups, perhaps? It's not like a 6 year old is going to have a chance at out fishing Mike lol.

Maybe categories for ages 5 and under, 6-10, 11-14, then shore anglers in their own category (any fish caught from a boat counts towards the boat angler's category, regardless of who's boat it is).

Why not have separate categories for kids and/or shore anglers then? Different age groups, perhaps? It's not like a 6 year old is going to have a chance at out fishing Mike lol.

Maybe categories for ages 5 and under, 6-10, 11-14, then shore anglers in their own category (any fish caught from a boat counts towards the boat angler's category, regardless of who's boat it is).

I'd prefer not, takes away from it.

It would put them in a severe disadvantage in the old or new propose way, doesn't matter.

But the old way, a skilled angler could fish once a week and have a good shot at catching a large fish based on skill/knowledge. Meanwhile any guy who lives on a lake with multiple species could easily "beat" the other angler by simply taking a picture of any dink bass/perch/whatever he catches each day.

I'm not that great at fishing but under the total inches category I'd at least have a chance at staying competitive through luck, and it would inspire me to fish different species rather than just 2-3 kinds of fish. This way I wouldn't even bother trying because I know I wouldn't be on the water as much as other guys, I just don't have the schedule/opportunity for it.

I understand what you are saying Mike... In your case, since you go out fishing a lot more then any of us, yes you will have to submit more pics then any of us but think of a kid that only gets to fish a few times a year and when he does, can submit what he caught... with the old format, he would just have to forget about it. discouraging him to try for something bigger.

No, once you have a pic of a specie with the sign, others you catch can be quickly released, no need for pics then.

The only way I could see points working is if everyone gets 1 point per species caught period..... For the year.... Then the more species each person gets the more points they contribute to the team... So say 15 species... Each person can potentially add 15 points to their team score.... Then everyone's fish count for something.... And it encourages everyone to try new species.... It would be a bit of a combination of individual recognition with the team as well....

So does taking a picture of EVERY species of fish caught EVERY time out lol.

I guess I'm not up on the tournament rules.. It's total length for each fish species? So if I caught 2 15in perch, I'd submit 30inches of perch for my team?

That's insane.

I guess I'm not up on the tournament rules.. It's total length for each fish species? So if I caught 2 15in perch, I'd submit 30inches of perch for my team?

That's insane.

I was under the impression that he wanted it to be 1 point per fish species caught each day. So if a person could catch a bass, perch and walleye every day they get 3 points every day. No way in hell I'd be able to keep up with that lol.

Edited by Dontcryformejanhrdina