Santa was very nice this year

Freshtrax

My fiancé got me a portable shelter this year my first portable. I've had a 8x5 permy on simcoe for years but now that I live in kw. It just didn't make any sense. I got the otter twin hub II haven't taken it out of the box yet but I think I'm going to break it in on the 27th with a trp up north to a Huntsville back lake. Any reviews? I didn't find many online.

I got a CLAM TWIN HUB II from CanadianTires on Boxing day. Got it home. Opened it up on the drive way. Closed/opened a couple of times to practice. The bottom metal tubes pokes through the fabric on 2 corners.

I know these things are not well made (previous posts). The prices is low ($120+tax). You get what you paid for.

Now, do I just return it and forget about it, (it's not in the budget for a better one), or just MacGuyver a solution?

Sleepjigging

That's what I did to mine years ago I have the fish trap 2 and I had extra re-inforced fabric sown onto the trouble spots mine is a flip up two seater as well and also had a zipper put in so when I want to go in and out of my hut I don't have to flip it up all the time just mcguyver it I did !!!!!! Cause when it's froze with ice and water on it it will be even more brittle I also used to spray mine with waterproofing every season !!! Another truck is to dry it out after every use or it will freeze up from the inside condensation !!! Mine used to just ride in the back of my truck all winter so I was always ready to go !!! But had to dry it out a lot to get the frost out of it and it will last you along time !!!! I was one of the first guys in Ontario to have one when they came out !!!! It was quite the attention grabber on the ice I had guys offering me insane money for it all the time for the first year as nobody had ever seen one !!!!! Ahhhh the memories ... Good luck hope the tips helped ....