Lowrance x67c ice pack

woodro

Looking for a flasher/fish finder for ice fishing this season. Usually fish simcoe for whities and lakers, and Quinte for eyes.

Anyone have bad experiences with this unit? Will it function well in both deep (50ft+) and shallow (20ft and under) water? anything I should look out for?

great little unit

I use it for shallow crappie and 110 ft for trout/whities and I can see my 1/8 jig and my micro swivel above it.

no complains from me, I bought a suction cup skimmer transducer and use it for fly ins in the summer too

I love mine...on the ice and in the boat. No probs with picking up jigs in 100ft.

On the ice make sure you have:

'Ping' and 'Chart' speed at maximum.

In 'sonar options' from the menu...make sure 'manual mode' is on (you will see an 'x' in the check box when it is)

Also in depths over 35' turn off 'surface clarity' completely, max the sensitivity and use 'X4' zoom option.

Also try to always use the 'set upper and lower depth range feature' to your actual depth, this helps to get the max definition on screen.

Always use split screen....dont wanna miss that laker cruising at 20' in 80' FOW!

If you do get one you wont be disappointed.

Here are a couple of vids from February and August this year that show my X67c in action on the ice and in the boat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZKgd2p5nx-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6g2owMY1Y6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lowrance x67c ice pack

is just a case, transducer , battery and charger

Lowrance x67c ice machine

is everything above and the x67c fishfinder included

can't have a dual beam transducer, well if it's the wrong transducer it can. but it would not use the second beam

Bought an x67c off of an OFC member last season and I absolutely love it. No issues with lag or sensitivity -- it's powerful enough for my needs. I recommend pouncing on a good used deal. At a fraction of the cost of the high-end Marcums and Vex's around here, you're going to get a pretty solid bang-for-buck.

The macheen works well in shallow water too. I only wanted to see half way through the water column in 12 feet. The upper and lower (limit) feature is awesome no matter what depth your fishing.

Result

101_1428.jpg

The 67 is fabulous for finessing fish in deep water too. Micro panfish jigs could be seen with ease in deep water. A little game of cat and mouse ensued.

Success.

101_1451.jpg

The macheen works well in shallow water too. I only wanted to see half way through the water column in 12 feet. The upper and lower (limit) feature is awesome no matter what depth your fishing.

Result

101_1428.jpg

The 67 is fabulous for finessing fish in deep water too. Micro panfish jigs could be seen with ease in deep water. A little game of cat and mouse ensued.

Success.

101_1451.jpg

Cant wait to get into the whities!

Be careful buying this unit online.

The dual beam claim sends out red flags to me. Is the actual unit the X67 or just the carrying case with another unit in it?

With the replacement for the Ice X67 the Elite 4x Ice Machine out with dual beam, more power & screen options for $280 don't over pay for a used unit without warranty.

On one site I seen one guy asking $250 firm for a used X67. :rolleyes:

Edited by Woodsman

Bought an x67c off of an OFC member last season and I absolutely love it. No issues with lag or sensitivity -- it's powerful enough for my needs. I recommend pouncing on a good used deal. At a fraction of the cost of the high-end Marcums and Vex's around here, you're going to get a pretty solid bang-for-buck.

Completely agree, I can't justify spending over $400 on a new vexilar or marcum flasher. Just need to be able to mark fish, depth and my jig.

Be careful buying this unit online.

The dual beam claim sends out red flags to me. Is the actual unit the X67 or just the carrying case with another unit in it?

With the replacement for the Ice X67 the Elite 4x Ice Machine out with dual beam, more power & screen options for $280 don't over pay for a used unit without warranty.

On one site I seen one guy asking $250 firm for a used X67. :rolleyes:

Saw the same classified ad for $250. The one I'm looking at definitely includes the ice pack and the head unit.

Made my decision To grab it. Thanks for all the feedback!

Edited by woodro