whats in the Castor River

bowshep

l'm planning a trip for the Ottawa area (Castor River) and am planing to teach my girls son how to fish but dont know what swim's there. Actualy lm bonding that will be harder than the fishing part. What the heck is a 12yr old male kid thinking. My only referance is a 10yr old Jack Russel, can l play fetch with the kid? :whistling: Peace Ken

I have driven by it a number of times and my guess is that it is mudcat and perhaps a few pike. I do not live there but would suggest to take the young fellow to the Ottawa R., given that you will increase your odds and access to various species, including walleye, yellow perch, crappie (supposed to be decent downstream of Ottawa), carp, musky and even the odd sturgeon.

Way..... way upstream one can get into a could different species of trout including some brown trout that have been stocked in the Champlain Rapids area.

Good luck... the Castor will be an odd one to get information on. Very slow and muddy from anything I observed.

outdoorguy61

I used to live by the Castor river and I have to agree with outdoorguy that you should hit the ottawa river instead.Although I do know of a great spot on the Castor that holds walleye but was given to me by my grandfather(keeping that one sorry).You will find walleye,barbot,cats and large mouth bass in there.Won't be easy to fish this time of year THICK CHOCOLATE MILK.Good luck and hit the river the crappies are going crazy down here !!!!

hahahaha - stick with the Castor for now, he will be able to walk there with his buddy or me and just practice...as for the trapping and the fart, bum and boob jokes...take your chances. :) He will no doubt enjoy kicking your butt at PlayStation. There's always paint ball I would enjoy kicking both your butts at.