When pike attack!

kemper

Cool pic. Happens all the time.

I managed this shaky video last June with the help of my 5 year old son Brendan:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WpILOgh2z7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pretty cool when your 5 year old asks if you if you need a cradle. thumbsup_anim.gif

mrpike_zpse9078836.jpg

here's a pic I took when I was at one of my favorite rivers. While I was fishing, all these minnows would scatter to the surface, sometimes even jump out of the water, and I had no clue why. Maybe a spawning type of or something. But anyways, as I continue fishing, eventually I actually see whats causing this. This guy, who was probably close to 2.5 feet gorging himself on all the minnows that were there. Theres a reason why I always carry a point-and-shoot style with me when fishing!!

Never had it happen with a pike but I've had it happen quite a few times on a small lake in Haliburton w muskie.

In fact the biggest muskie I've ever seen on Balsam Lake practically swallowed a 3 lb smallie I had on - he t boned it and all you could see hanging out of his mouth was a little bit of tail and my orange jig. Needless to say every muskie hunting trip we now spend at least 30 minutes on this weedbed. Never caught el Gigante but we have got numerous muskie off this piece of cover