Rogers Cable/WFN

captpierre

My wifey pays the bills. I noticed we pay $81/mo for Rogers cable (taxes in). It's only a mid-range package.

That's a chunk of change that I'm reluctant to part with.

Somebody said if you press them, they would reduce it.

I called today. After a brief discussion and a threat to leave them, they reduced it to $65 (taxes in).

I told them I would think about it and call them back.

We don't have a PVR machine. That would be another $13/mo for 36 mo. or $509 to buy it.

On their website, seems I could add WFN for $2.50/mo.

Do you guys find a PVR useful? Is WFN worth getting? I'm thinking during the winter, I could get my fishing fix.

We have bell satellite with a pvr so some of this might not apply.

The pvr I have allows me to pause one channel and watch another. For me that means I never have to watch commercials, the down side is if I am watching sports at someone else's house I get very frustrated with watching commercials.

With two kids under 4 (and OFC) I'm rarely able to be in front of the tv when the program I want to watch is on. With the pvr I can set up re-ocurring timers to record shows and then watch them whenever I get a chance and skip through the crap.

I hate leasing/rent most things but we lease ours and twice in five years we've had to get a new one. It was replaced at no cost. I don't know if buying one gets you better quality or if roger's are better. :dunno:

Can't say if it's right for you but it is something I find useful.

Edited by kickingfrog

PVR is the best thing ever!

I'm also with Rogers and have WFN, and the PVR is amazing. Tape all the shows you want, and fast forward through commercials!

WELL worth the money, IMO.

I will second or third that.

Never had a pvr til last couple yrs. Bought it on sale with a rebate a few christmas' ago. Once you have one you'll wonder how you did without it

and start recording all sorts of shows. I can set recordings on the fly away from home on my iphone with the manager app.

Last Christmas I bought a new flat screen and called rogers to see if there were any promos running for another PVR.

Guess what, they "gave" me one for 24 months. Shows up on my monthly bill and then they apply a credit for the term. Awesome.

WFN, my son and I watch quite regularly, pay about $2.50month. Our favs ATM are the kayak fishing shows.

PVR is amazing.

you will never have to sit through commercials again. just fast forward them as you watched your taped shows.

warning: once you have it you can't get rid of it.

my wife and I tape all kinds of stuff and watch it together, fast forwarding all the commericals.

we also get WFN, I like it. I like the salt water shows it has too.