Crappie opener

Well we started out about 5:30am saturday morning i decided not to do the trout opener as i wanted to be in my new boat...so off we went to the kawarthas,tri-lakes area and met up with a few people one of whom lives on the lake ,so between about 6 of us and including jhon kerr,from ontario out of doors,as well as the toronto starr outdoor writer,well we went crappie fishing using floats and small tubes ,and managed about 100 crappies ,some real nice ones,around the 13-15 inch mark ,but we also threw back at least the same amount,of small ones but we did have to keep changing areas as they did move around,most were caught in the late afternoon,as it was very cold sat morning and we also got rain as well,and sunday morn it was not as good,again it was cold so as the day went on the fishing was better,so i guess we did ok considering the water temp was around 52 degrees but warmed to 53 by mid-day,so sorry there is no pics,as i didnt have my camera,because im stupid and forgot it at home,my bud did take a few pics so i have to see if he can send me a few,so all in all it was a pretty good opener,and now with the warm temps we are supposed to get it will get even better,with the big females yet to move in, so get out there as the water warms up and hit those crappies,....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Fishindevil, did your buddys get any pics of your catch? Currently we have a 10.5" perch and could use a 13-15"crappie for more points in the panfish cat. Good to hear that you had a decent weekend as I struggle on the lake. It will get better as you mention with more warm weather. Thanks for the update and post. So, how was the new boat? Must be nice and sweet.

Hey Shawn,

Sounded like an action filled weekend out there! Great report....look forward to the pics! Glad to see you out on open water again....must a nice feeling to get out there after a CCCCOLD February and March. We're takin the kids fishing this coming weekend....Sydney has got the fishing itch BIG TIME!!!

Edited by ccmtcanada