Fishin' Canada at Eddie North's

Skud

This show was shot when a few OFNer's were at the camp the last week of May. I just might have made the cut. We shall see at 8am tomorrow.

Was looking for you bud, you were nowhere to be seen. Too bad.

Just watched it. Wasn't that complimentary to the camp, which I thought was unfair.

I don't know. I've been there several times and consider Eddie a friend and thought it was fairly accurate.

It's not the ritz, but it's a comfortable camp with world class fishing and reasonable rates.

Only thing is...watching the show it was obvious to me precisely where they were fishing. A good spot no doubt and considering the horrible weather conditions they did okay.

But...I believe they could have and should have done much better.

Even in the best places you can take your lumps some days.

Fished those conditions every year for nearly a decade directly after ice-out OR, after they've let a dam open upriver. High & really cold water often can be tough... there are times you almost have to resort to still fishing deadbait. You wouldn't expect it at places like that, but it's true. Although, the first year traveling to the Attawapiskat, the river was somewhere about 6 feet higher too and it was the best combo pike & walleye slay I've ever had on any river.

I thought it was a "good" show. Agreed, they didn't sound too flattering about the accomms, but from what I saw and what Mike initially emailed me some years back, I think Eddie has done a superb job making it very homey and suitable for a week of fish slaying in paradise. :good: I think the conditions for Ang & Pete was maybe part excuse, because maybe the place didn't live up to the hype for them??? I dunno??? Wasn't there alongside them. Maybe they did good for a first time there? How long did they stay?

Like it was said, any fishery can have some tough days fishing. As far as that episode, I'd watch it everytime it's on... just to look at that place.

I was in the show Mike. I was the guy in the boat solo approaching the camp near the beginning. That footage was taken the Sat morning before we flew out. I'm a star!

The 'Boys' flew in on Wednesday just after the major cold front. The 5 days previous had the water rise over 6 feet and another foot or so while they were there. It was bad timing. A few more days and the pike would have been adjusted to the changes and been more willing to bite. They were honest in their opinion about the camp. There was an older chap that was there with his son. He had come to northern Ontario every year for the past 40 to fish at fly-in camps. The Sunday prior to the cold front was the best pike fishing he had ever experienced in his life. At the end of the week when commenting on his thoughts about camp he said "a person will endure a lot to enjoy great fishing". That just about sums up Eddie's camp. A place to sleep while enjoying 'paradise'. I will gladly go there again and again.