Deer Hunt Preps.... Repairs Done - Report - Pics - NF

Leecher

Today, brother and I planned on heading up to our hunting grounds early and repair his ground blind that was in much needed repairs :blink: 3 sections needed to be replaced because of water damage and got it all done :thumbsup_anim:

This time around, there was no ATV to haul our stuff up the hill so I new it was going to be hard work ahead of us :o Left home around 7h30am... pit stop for some hot brew and the way we go :) Got back at 5h30pm :)

Weather wise, couldn't ask for a better day B) Kind of chilly early in the morning with temps at 4C and moderate winds.... as the day progressed, went up to 16C :good:

Did not forget my camera this time and snapped a few pics for your viewing pleasure :)

Hope you enjoy!!!

TJunkie

Trail going up to our blinds

DSC08703.jpg

This where we got stuck last week

DSC08705.jpg

One of the boulders

DSC08704.jpg

Up on top

DSC08706.jpg

Trail leading to my blind

DSC08707.jpg

A little further... Can you see it?

DSC08708.jpg

Again front view, much clearer this time :)

DSC08709.jpg

Shots of the feeder... Corn as been dissamated but not the carrots

DSC08710.jpg

DSC08711.jpg

Three sections needed to be replaced (top, back and part of one side) Here after it was all removed... Happy brother

DSC08713.jpg

Top view

DSC08714.jpg

Part of one side

DSC08712.jpg

After hauling our stuff from the trailer up the hill and getting busy installing new plywood, pleased to say that the repairs are 100% done and water proof :) View of the back

DSC08716.jpg

View of the entrance side... even built a ladder to get in

DSC08715.jpg

nice work buddy, i feed my deer corn carrots and apples and i find them darn racoons get to the corn before the deer..that might be your problem..

Thanks Carl!!! Could be :unsure: We seen deer tracks around the feeder yesterday which is a good sign :thumbsup_anim:

very nice job repairing that blind, Jacque... my buddy is going to put his blind in the forest this week and he's very excited about it. Have a great season!

Thanks gino!!! Have a great season too :thumbsup_anim:

Good luck Jacques! Hopefully it's a good season for you.

Thanks Will!!! Hope so too :) Looking forward to opener now (Nov 3rd 2012) :thumbsup_anim: In the mean time, while I wait, will be preparing meals for the group :) Just to give you an idea of the menu, deer sheppards pie, deer spaghetti sauce, deer steak cook in a mushroom sauce will be part of meals :P and snacks, deer pepperettes :)

WHAO jaques!

if oyur hunting is as good as your trout fishing .

those CARIBOU, ORIGIGNAL and CHEVREIL have no chance .

i wont wish you good luck.

its not a game of luck.

more skillz than anything.

good skillz bro. :canadian:

Thanks Kevin!!!

Rockin' Jacques! Good luck. That stand really stands out as wicked. Hunting in luxury!

Thanks Drew!!! Yep, should keep him dry for the dark days when there's a snow fall or drizzle :)

Edited by TroutJunkie

your hunting in style!!

im used to a climbing up a rickity wood stand 15 feet up

Sure do cityfisher!!! Thanks :) Funny you mention "the rickity wood stand..." brings back memories of when we hunted on public land... that's the exact same setup we used to hunt from :) Now on private land, this suits us much better :D