Tracking north i am ...........

Skipper D

There was once a discussion about how often you must repack your wheel bearing....most say it should be done every year......I posted I go 10 years or MORE without repacking my wheel bearing because I don't put them in the water.....many couldn't believe I could launch and retrieve my boat without putting the trailer in far enough, thus getting my wheel bearing wet....so I said one day I will show you all if I get up to Canada to fish....so I met Simon, Cliff, Dann and Ron at a recent fishing get together.....Simon was the only one who witness me launching my boat...as a matter of fact he bet me a beer I couldn't do it, especially at this make shift launch we had to us.....after he seen it, all he said was "That was SLICK" and I wouldn't have believe it until I seen it.....at the end of the fishing trip I had Simon drive my truck over to the launch which is across the lake.....Dann (Skeeter), Ron (Skipper D), and Big Cliff were all there to witness how easy it was retrieved by myself....and again without the hubs getting anywhere near the water....actual about 3" above the water line.

I had to make a few adjustments to the way my boat sits on the trailer but I did that 27 years ago and haven't looked back....LOL......when I launch down here in the states I always yell to my partner to PLEASE stop me before my hubs get wet....Fishing partner Don always yells back...YES, I KNOW...DON'T GET THE HUBS WET...THIS ISN'T MY FIRST RODEO....LOL

So that's the story.....and I didn't protect the innocent as I named names.... rofl2.gif

And here's the proof. It cost me a premium beer (lost a bet) but BB promptly used the full can of Keith's as an ashtray for his cigar rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

IMG_4478_zps3b23bc6c.jpg

IMG_6417_zps41051271.jpg

Also have to add, that this is one of the most challenging boat launches I have ever encountered. Especially with the water level down 2 ft.

SWEET JESUS..........Simon came through....LOL.......

Once I seen that launch I was licking my lips for that beer......and Simon was right.......only 2 sips and I mistakenly used that Green Beer can for my cigar ash tray....boy did it foam up after I did that...NOT KIDDING....you can see the picture of both my beers....I finished the Blue Light and that was supposed to be my ash tray.... :wallbash:

But here's the catch Simon......I thought I took out all your Green Beer and put it in the fridge....but Monday when I finally cleaned out my big cooler.........low and behold there was one Green Beer laying on the bottom of the cooler....it's in the fridge my Canadian Brother....and I will be sipping it down shortly today on my 31st wedding anniversary.... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Billy Bob

.........low and behold there was one Green Beer laying on the bottom of the cooler....it's in the fridge my Canadian Brother....and I will be sipping it down shortly today on my 31st wedding anniversary.... :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats to you and your bride BB. How the heck has she done it? :worthy:

wouldnt it save more time in the long run to simply attach a grease gun to the bearing buddy nipples once a year rather than climbing all over the trailer to launch/load your boat? it takes 7 seconds per side to grease it?

different strokes for different folks i guess :canadian:

wouldnt it save more time in the long run to simply attach a grease gun to the bearing buddy nipples once a year rather than climbing all over the trailer to launch/load your boat? it takes 7 seconds per side to grease it?

different strokes for different folks i guess canadian.gif

Ya, but then he wouldn't have anything to brag about at the G2G'swhistling.gifw00t.gif

different strokes for different folks i guess :canadian:

Normally I don't have to climb on the trailer.....but if you noticed, there is NO DOCK...actually NO Ramp either.... :whistling: .....So I used the trailer so I didn't have to get my feet wet....haven't in 27 years...and NO I don't want Bearing Buddy's....they only get grease to the outside bearing...see to many that burn up their bearing along side the road, even with bearing buddy's

Did you launch into a beaver pond?

What's wrong with Keith's, Billy?

It kind of looks like a beaver pond doesn't it.....it a inlet that had about 3' of water in the MIDDLE of it....but my boat can float in 14" of water......

NOTHING wrong with a Keith's Beer.....it was a total mistake that I flick my cigar ashes into it...right after I did it I knew I screwed up....Actually I was enjoying it up until then.....But then Simon brought up some of the HARD STUFF......errrrrrr...ask Big Cliff about that.... :whistling::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: