Algonquin fall

Christopheraaron

Alright, so earlier this year we did a 3 night trip to algonquin for trout, and came up empty handed. That was the summer, now that it's cooled off I was wondering how to come after them. I was thinking of going to booth unless anyone has any suggestions (no portages over 300m). I also now have lead core line if that would help, we were just thinking of doing a couple nights next week before the season closes. Thanks!

Edit: I'd prefer brookies but any trout will do. thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by Christopher k

Stay away from the lead core in my opinion , get yourself some deep divers that go to 20 feet like a rapala tail dancer and flatline . I have had good luck in the park with countdown rapala's as well.

You can even get yourself some inline trolling weights and tie a flashy spoon to it !

I have had PLENTY of fun with lead core .. the key is to have a 6lb test leader that is at least 1.5 times the length of your rod (I prefer a 9' rod and a downeast rod holder ... and a tiny (very tiny) snap swivel beteen your leader and your lure ... we troll small mooselooks 1 1/2" - 2" (white, silver, gold) at 3 - 7 colors this time of year with best success early morning (just after sunrise) or just before sundown ... but if the temps drop sharply you can catch them up on top as well.

Bigger spoons will be fine for Lakers (I have caught 13" lakers on 8" spoons :) )

I'm heading to booth this weekend, for mainly pike and bass. I am hopping to stumble into some trout tho. I have a topo of booth thanks to stoty, i can email to you if you like. There is one spot that iw ould assume is good for lakers its is just of shore and falls really quickly to 60ft. Seems like a relatively small hole as well. Sound goofd for lakers or big pike???

I'm heading to booth this weekend, for mainly pike and bass. I am hopping to stumble into some trout tho. I have a topo of booth thanks to stoty, i can email to you if you like. There is one spot that iw ould assume is good for lakers its is just of shore and falls really quickly to 60ft. Seems like a relatively small hole as well. Sound goofd for lakers or big pike???

That would be great cloudy, I think I'm leaning towards tim but I'll be doing booth again anyways. My email is [email protected]