U.S.A. and Canadian Military Ships

Billy Bob

I saw the Frigate shown in the pics, cruiseing up the seaway, while fishing in St Louis a couple of weeks ago. I saluted her, and the crew on deck waved and saluted back.

About an hour later, an Americain Destroyer criused up into the shipping lanes.

The guy i was with decided he wanted a closer look, and did a hard 90 at full speed towards the big ship.

I told him he was an idiotwallbash.gif and i am sure every gun on board was aimed and ready to blast us out of the water.I was ready to throw him overboard i was so pissed. wallbash.gifmad.gif

~~~~Was watching a TV show last night called Combat Cash, 1 segment was about the re-enactment of D Day landing at a park in Ohio on I believe Lake Erie, with landing craft and a Duck and guys running up the beach dressed as G.I.s being fired on by other dressed as Germen solders, would have been great I sure to have these warships off shore firing their guns also. Going to see if I can get some more info on this, wouldn't mind going down to see it.

I was in that boat when the guy did the hard 90 towards it. I spent years in the security field and have dealt with the US Navy doing contract, work they really do shoot first then say :oops: . The guy was a total DORK and should be grounded for doing stupid stuff like that. :dunno: Totally not smart at all:wallbash:

Edited by UglyBug

The real treat would being onboard while they were on maneuvers…. provided I could keep my cookies down. :oops:

Been there, done that. A few years ago I spent some time on the Pacific Ocean aboard HMCS Regina as a guest of the Canadian Navy. Regina is a Halifax-class frigate, basically identical to the one visiting Buffalo. The ship's company were awesome - they even let me drive it!

Danger on the high seas - me at the controls of a 440-foot, 115,000 hp warship (and under the watchful eye of the entire bridge crew)

CDR_0156-2.jpg

With one of the 50 caliber machine guns

Mewith50BMG2.jpg

Being buzzed by a couple of our own .... CF-18s from Comox. On the closest plane you can see one wingtip missle is gone, while the other remains. Something got blowed up real good.

CF188.jpg

It doesn't troll very well, but the fishfinder is unbelievable. Keeping one's cookies down is another matter.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

These were the ships I sailed in back in the 60's.

1st one is HMCS Provider & 2nd is HMCS ANNAPOLIS

Alot has changed in the nearly 50 years since I signed up.

With the passing on Neil Armstrong there was some renewed talk about the moon landings from the 60's. One of the astronauts made a comment along the lines of: today's cellphones having more computing power then the entire rocket and lunar lander used on his mission. :blink: