For UFC fans

BradMc76

UFC President Dana White isn't done venting about the unfortunate cancellation of UFC 151, as he ripped Dan Henderson for not giving enough advance notice about the knee injury that forced him out of his scheduled bout with Jon Jones.

"Dan Henderson knew two weeks before the fight. Two weeks before he told me he was injured," White said during an interview on UFC Tonight recently. "If he had given me those two weeks - like he should have - this fight might have happened."

Henderson was supposed to fight Jones, but had to withdraw due to a knee injury. Jones then refused Chael Sonnen as a replacement opponent, which led to the entire UFC 151 card getting cancelled.

The cancellation marked the first time in the Zuffa-era of the UFC that an entire event had to be scrapped, and White was not at all happy about it.

In the immediate aftermath of UFC 151's cancellation, White blamed Jones and his trainer, Greg Jackson. At one point, he said Jones' decision was disgusting and selfish.

Now that two weeks have passed, White seems to have turned the focus of passing the blame onto Henderson, who he thinks should have let the promotion know sooner that he wouldn't be able to fight at UFC 151

To reply to those links: White said that Sonnen hasn't trained for the fight. Well, maybe not SPECIFICALLY for that fight, but he had been training with Henderson. So, it's not like Sonnen was out of shape or anything.

Okay, yeah, if Henderson knew about the injury 2 weeks in advance, he should have informed White/UFC. Maybe he wanted to fight with the injury, but, had he informed them about it, they would have had a back up plan.

But, either way, I don't think all out cancellation was the best idea.

Thanks for the link, Terry.

He still doesn't come out and say WHY the total cancellation.

it stinks

but he has been talking about it, it seems every few hours....he has placed his blame and talking about it

no one no where is going to get anything more out of him

I understand your anger but I think you are beating a dead horse at this point..he has too much power in mma

Cancelled cause the card was flat...go back to the 3-4 events a year and make them count....Whites greed will destroyed the sport :(

That is why I stopped watching it lol. Just a joke now. Plus when I lived in Peterborough and there was a fight on we would go to the bars and it was funny how many morons thought they were tough cause they drank to much and watched some guys fight. It was pathetic lol.