What should this cost me?

fisher

I am getting the wire from the control arm (the shifter) to the motor replaced by a marine mechanic. Approximately What would it cost me parts and labour? 40 horsepower mercury and it is an 11 foot wire.

Thanks

Edited by fisher

I am getting the wire from the control arm (the shifter) to the motor replaced by a marine mechanic. Approximately What would it cost me parts and labour? 40 horsepower mercury and it is an 11 foot wire.

Thanks

Is this the full wiring harness or just a single wire?

if its the throttle control, i'd imagine its a cable and not a wire? didnt you get an estimate from the shop before you ok'd the work? i think an hr or two in labour plus whatever the part costs is somewhat reasonable.

I was stuck and had a marine mechanic come by the cottage we were staying at for the week and he end up putting in a new cable for $200 all-in. Very reasonable especially since it was a Sunday and his day off and I didn't even have to bring it in. Thanks for the replies.

I was stuck and had a marine mechanic come by the cottage we were staying at for the week and he end up putting in a new cable for $200 all-in. Very reasonable especially since it was a Sunday and his day off and I didn't even have to bring it in. Thanks for the replies.

WOW !!!:clapping: Thats what i call great service!!!

Good marine mechanics are hard to find in cottage country. You should post his contact info if he is agreeable. Referrals are a good way to acknowledge good work.

On that note, if anybody is in need of a quality marine mechanic in Seguin/Parry Sound area, I would recommend this guy: Andy @ 705-773-2841

Slayer

Good marine mechanics are hard to find in cottage country. You should post his contact info if he is agreeable. Referrals are a good way to acknowledge good work.

Slayer

Yeah, for someone to do that; the credit should be given to him for all to see. :clapping: