brennan harbour resort report

peter23

well the week at brennan harbour flew by and it was awesome. we arrived saturday at around 1 pm and already the hosts were great they got an atv with a trailer and brought all of our luggage up the the cabin. i will make this report short becauise i can go on forever but let me just say, fishing, food, hosts and service is amazing. ive been looking for a lodge like this for years and after trying many different lodges i found the perfect one. the weather was garbage and the owner james even said they had never had weather like this before. in 7 days we fished a total of 12 hours and caught abotu 20 walleye, 20 pike, 25 bass, 1 muskie and lost NUMEROUS amounts of fish including another big muskie. we met people up there who have been going to brennan horbour for over 8 years. believe it or not we were the only cabin there from ontario everyone else travelled from the us to keep coming back here year after year. the week was considered "slow" according to alll of the cabins and the host but i was thiinking to myself boy im having a great time! and this is considered slow? i can imagine when its on fire. everytime boats went out on the lake, including us, fish were always caught or brought back. worms harnesses were recommended but everyone caught on them except us. our most productive baits were spinnerbaits, xraps, and jigheads with nightcrawlers. the muskie was caught on a chartreause spinnerbait. we had met up with a guy who comes every year just for the pike and muskie fishing and he also did amazing! well i will sum this up quick, fishing was amazing especially because it was a "slow" week and we only fished 12 hours, food is outstanding, hosts and service is incredible. i highly reccomend it to anyone, you will not be dissappointed. here are some pictures of some fish, and our boat and the area from our cabin. i took way too many pictures and dont feel like putting them all sorry :) and we only took few pictures of fish because i dont think i would have any memory left on my phone lol :) hopefully you will see this muskie picture on the brennan horbour resprt books they have in the main lodge.

sitting on our deck just a quarter of the surrounding area

fb28db69.jpg

the boat we had

e1860d88.jpg

fishing

cfe651a1.jpg

5129a804.jpg

b7a2c56b.jpg

1e2c9eed.jpg

4a032ca3.jpg

464afa16.jpg

ef3fda34.jpg

the muskie, he was a decent guy, we saw one bigger hit our lure at the boat and he actually smashed and hit the boat aswell, i wish i brought my muskie tackle

35fbe444.jpg

realeasing him

ece34eac.jpg

overall a spectactular time! probably going to head up in september and maybe next august again!

cheers, Peter.

Thanks for the report

We head up there in 3 weeks

Interested re the weather. I have heard that even when it's windy etc there's still spots where you can fish out of the chop (bays, the river). Was it so bad that wasn't an option or you just didn't want to bother with the combo of wind and rain

Finally love to know any thoughts you have on muskie-we have a guide for 2 days but Casey pre warned us that he's a walleye/bass guy. So any thoughts you have on lures etc would be great. If you'd rather send a pm cool. Would be appreciated

Cheers

Gordy

Thanks for the report

We head up there in 3 weeks

Interested re the weather. I have heard that even when it's windy etc there's still spots where you can fish out of the chop (bays, the river). Was it so bad that wasn't an option or you just didn't want to bother with the combo of wind and rain

Finally love to know any thoughts you have on muskie-we have a guide for 2 days but Casey pre warned us that he's a walleye/bass guy. So any thoughts you have on lures etc would be great. If you'd rather send a pm cool. Would be appreciated

Cheers

Gordy

A friend is up there right now for a week doing some musky fishing.

I'll shoot you a pm with the lowdown when he gets back next week.

Cheers

Thanks Mike

A kind offer and greatly appreciated

This trip is for my bros 40th and we are determined to get him a PB musky/pike/smallie or walleye :)

A friend is up there right now for a week doing some musky fishing.

I'll shoot you a pm with the lowdown when he gets back next week.

Cheers

Edited by gordy28