DanC's thread got me thinking, I saw something years ago

chris.brock

you guys are going to think I'm nuts, but here goes-

I was working for the Grand River Conservation Authority. We (me and my co-worker) were boating back into Port Maitland, overcast, summer evening, warm and humid. Pretty rare, but there wasn't any other boats or people on the pier.

Coming out of the harbour, between the piers was a half submerged, 8 to 10' diameter, steel looking ball, moving at about 5 kph. I wasn't stainless steel, flat colour. It didn't float over the waves, it stayed level and crashed through them. We turned off our engine and the ball didn't make a sound. We followed for about 20 minutes, heading straight out into the lake, took a bunch of picture (old film camera back then), then turned back.

We asked the owner of Flatt's Bait, he's been in Port Mait. there for years, as to what we saw. He had no idea.

I wouldn't wonder so much about this, but here's the kicker- The next day we went to head office in Cambridge, we had the camera (that had the undeveloped pics of the ball) in a napsack. It's a smaller office, everybody knows everybody, but somehow the camera (a cheap camera too) was stolen out of the napsack. The didn't take my wallet or swiss army knife or anything eles, just the camera and the only proof we had of what we saw

lol... good sport.

Really though, I believe in stuff like that.

I remember about 15 years ago I saw a documentary of what looked like a satellite orbiting earth. It then stopped and accelerated away in the opposite direction. Half a second later, a projectile shot up from earth, exactly where the object would have been. I've looked for that video since and am unable to find it. It was weird...

Trouty and Terry, yeah I hear ya, I thought I would be fair game posting something like that, totally true story though

I'm really hoping somebody saw the same thing 20 years ago

it was in no way meant as not believing you

just, as the xfiles, there will be no way to prove/verify it

The airport at Port Maitland got its start as a training facilty for Commonwealth pilots during WW2, even British pilots got their wings there as the skys over England were a little hostile for training purposes. The marsh was the site of a lot of target practice and bombing practice, there supposedly is a lot of expended and live unexploded ordnance buried in the mud there, so my dad used to say. Quite possibly could have been some kind of target buoy that popped out of the muck and followed the current out to the lake. Best idea I can come up with. :dunno:

The airport at Port Maitland got its start as a training facilty for Commonwealth pilots during WW2, even British pilots got their wings there as the skys over England were a little hostile for training purposes. The marsh was the site of a lot of target practice and bombing practice, there supposedly is a lot of expended and live unexploded ordnance buried in the mud there, so my dad used to say. Quite possibly could have been some kind of target buoy that popped out of the muck and followed the current out to the lake. Best idea I can come up with. :dunno:

I have done some research too, there was milatary naval stuff going on in Port Maitland in the 30's and 40's

the thing we saw was definitely under power even though it was silent

it was in no way meant as not believing you

just, as the xfiles, there will be no way to prove/verify it

I'm hoping to find somebody who has seen the same thing

5 years ago I stopped by the house my co-worker lived in to talk to her about what she remembers about the incident. New owners in the house, I was out of luck

That's a really interesting story. Kinda makes you go :huh:

My brother and I where perch fishing one fall morning out in Mcphee Bay on Lake Simcoe. The fishing sucked cause the water was almost totally flat. We where the only boat out there. No one else around. I can't remember which one of us spotted it first but we noticed a very large swell/wake coming across the bay towards us. It was 3-4 feet high. There are two marina's in the Bay but nothing in either of the Marina's could make a swell/wake like this, and even if they could there was no boats around..period. It passed and rocked us pretty good and that was the end of it. Remember there was nothing else around and we never heard any kind of sound/explosion.

The only explanation I have is there must have been some kinda underground/water disturbance that made this mini tsunami. Every time we are in there fishing we still ponder what we saw that day.