New outboard

mike rousseau

well...

i posted my outboard on kijiji saturday morning and it was gone sunday at lunch... way faster then expected... so i had to scramble a bit to find a new motor...

i just had 3 phone calls back and forth with clayton marine in NY and i get my new yamaha 50hp tiller on friday....

super pumped to have the extra power and reliability that comes with a new motor... especially a yamaha...

and the multi function tiller handle looks awesome...

just so pumped to hit the water and try it out... ive never owned anything like this new... always second hand....

anyways... had to share... ill be dreaming about it all week...lol

mike

Congradulations man!..you will love that yamaha!

I'm still break'n mine in. Check out this fuel report from my first long weekend with her on the water.

With my old johnson 60hp tiller on a 16' ranger fisherman. I would fill the boat (12 US gallons) and

bring 2 more 25 litre cans of fuel with me. We would burn through all of it on a long weekend Saturday till

Monday (on monday I would have to choose where I went so I didn't run out)

This weekend I filled the lund up when I got to LakAir 29L to top her up to full. I went home

with the gas gauge reading just under 3/4's of a tank used..CRAZY!!!

15 hp larger motor, 2' longer boat and I burned a 1/3 of the gas. NICE!

Edited by RangerGuy

Congradulations man!..you will love that yamaha!

I'm still break'n mine in. Check out this fuel report from my first long weekend with her on the water.

With my old johnson 60hp tiller on a 16' ranger fisherman. I would fill the boat (12 US gallons) and

bring 2 more 25 litre cans of fuel with me. We would burn through all of it on a long weekend Saturday till

Monday (on monday I would have to choose where I went so I didn't run out)

This weekend I filled the lund up when I got to LakAir 29L to top her up to full. I went home

with the gas gauge reading just under 3/4's of a tank used..CRAZY!!!

15 hp larger motor, 2' longer boat and I burned a 1/3 of the gas. NICE!

Seeing as you were still breaking it in, I imagine that you were not driving WOT as much? This makes all the difference.

Yeh I can't keep her wide open for more than 5 minutes at a time but I averaged around 25-30 mph with 4minuted wide open bursts.

I'm very impressed with the milage, I'm assuming it might even get a little better when it's fully broke in.

If not I'll still be very happy :)

when they were getting me a motor from the warehouse they found one with a 1 inch surface scratch on the cowling... so they asked if i wanted that one at $200 less... no brainer.... yuuuuup... ill throw a sticker on that...

than i got an email the next day... he decided to throw in the prop for free... :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

so far the people at clayton marine have been awesome...

one more sleep...lol

when they were getting me a motor from the warehouse they found one with a 1 inch surface scratch on the cowling... so they asked if i wanted that one at $200 less... no brainer.... yuuuuup... ill throw a sticker on that...

than i got an email the next day... he decided to throw in the prop for free... :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

so far the people at clayton marine have been awesome...

one more sleep...lol

We like to treat our Canadian friends right..... :thumbsup_anim: