Electric troller

wormdunker

I want to share my experience with my new Min Kota. Ive always used a tiller for trolling but found it difficult to control the boat especially if a light breeze was blowing. I recently bought a 14' Lund with a 30 hp Suzuki. Awesome package! I decided to install a 55 lb bow mount electric, power drive (energy saver). First I want to say it was very easy to install, 2nd it gives a whole new definition to boat control. WOW I'm impressed. I can troll approximately 20 hours on a week end & return with only half the battery charge used! I also purchased the co pilot which is a wireless remote to control the motor. Best piece of equipment on my boat!!

I want to share my experience with my new Min Kota. Ive always used a tiller for trolling but found it difficult to control the boat especially if a light breeze was blowing. I recently bought a 14' Lund with a 30 hp Suzuki. Awesome package! I decided to install a 55 lb bow mount electric, power drive (energy saver). First I want to say it was very easy to install, 2nd it gives a whole new definition to boat control. WOW I'm impressed. I can troll approximately 20 hours on a week end & return with only half the battery charge used! I also purchased the co pilot which is a wireless remote to control the motor. Best piece of equipment on my boat!!

What a difference a bow mounted electric controls the boat compared to a rear tiller electric. Glad you like it.

Thanx for the heads up on the ipilot. I thought it was rather pricey? Is it easy to use? I like the fact I can move around the boat & still have great control of my boat. If using ipilot & u get snagged & have to turn around/back up how do u navigate with ipilot in this situation?

wait till you find out what the i-pilot does!!

TRUE!

Thanx for the heads up on the ipilot. I thought it was rather pricey? Is it easy to use? I like the fact I can move around the boat & still have great control of my boat. If using ipilot & u get snagged & have to turn around/back up how do u navigate with ipilot in this situation?

Its so easy even i can use it! I dont even use the track system...just auto pilot (keeps you on a constant heading) and the spot lock. Spot lock alone is worth the 500 bones....its like having a guide in the boat, all you have to do is fish!

sounds very good. Have to hold off on it. Spent too much $$ this year on fishing equipment. New 4 wheeler in January, Humminbired ice 55, 14' Lund, Bird 798 with side & down scan (nice toy). I figured with my expenses my fish only cost $898.00 per pound??