Surprise email from an old friend

danc

Almost exactly a year ago I switched jobs, for personal reasons. The guy that I worked for a year ago (and for 13 years before that) is very succesful, loves his fishing, and owns a float plane or two. Yesterday I got an email from him asking if I'd like to do an Albany river fly in with him in a few weeks. Damn. That sounds like fun. Although he's a hard guy to work for, we've always had a mutual respect for each other. Especially when it comes to fishing. I've done a fly in to the Albany with him before, about 10 years ago. In fact, of the hundreds of people that he has employed over the time that I worked for him, I'm the only employee that he invited to fly north with him. It was awesome. So I'm a bit flattered here. Albany River Walleyes, Albany River trib Specks, and a jaunt to the most beautiful lake I've ever seen in my lifetime, for Lakers. You'd swear that you were in Hawaii when fishing this lake. Emerald blue/green water with white sand beaches and water where you can see 30 feet down. And Lakers one after another. Not big. 3 to 4 lbs. average, although he caught back to back 15 lb. fish last time I was there with him. So, I think I'm gonna take him up on his offer. I just have to get through this weekend first. Heading to western Minnesota tomorrow morning for 4 days of Country music fun. With any luck, I'll stumble into a party or two while I'm there. :whistling: Damn, but life is good. :thumbsup_anim:

header-may.jpg

Fishing sounds good Dan. From what I can remember........I had a great time on my last trip to Minnesota. One of my best buds played NCAA Div. 2 baseball and golf at Bemidji State. Actually we went to South Dakota to a country music festival called We-Fest. Was an increddible lineup and Tim McGraw announced his engagement to Faith Hill at the concert and they did a duet. Good times.