1999 explorer sport

davey buoy

Anyone here had to deal with this system?,My remote got wet yesterday for my truck by accident. Anyways there is suppose to be a programming button under the drivers side dash. Damned if I can find it. Without the button I can't start the truck and get it off the road. Any help guys would help really be appreciated. If I find it,I can bypass the remote with simple steps.

What remote ? do you have a " chipped " ignition key ?

Randy the key has a chip but I have been to Ford and my keyless entry remote,because of water is probably toast.But the programming button under the dash somewhere will overide this and let me be rid of this remote. This remote has a starter interlock on it after engine off for 2mins. It is not a security alarm system. The dealership was overly busy to look at it then. But said it should not be hard to find.

If you pry off the little plastic cover on the top edge of the key , you can pull out the security "chip"(transponder) and put it in a bowl of dry rice, to help dry it better. Don't you have a second key?

I did this with my Expedition key after I fell out of the boat ( I put mine in oatmeal ) rice is safer.. very common in all smart keys ( all makes).

Randy

:canadian:

If you pry off the little plastic cover on the top edge of the key , you can pull out the security "chip"(transponder) and put it in a bowl of dry rice, to help dry it better. Don't you have a second key?

I did this with my Expedition key after I fell out of the boat ( I put mine in oatmeal ) rice is safer.. very common in all smart keys ( all makes).

Randy

:canadian:

It's not the key as I leave it in the truck. It's the remote pad. Completely different ball game.Thanks.

Overnight no battery ... Seems to work for everything electronic , it has saved my iPhone twice ... binoculars and a GPS , it even unfoggs depth finders .

This might help too. http://www.ehow.com/...er-key-fob.html

One of my sons googled that today.The problem is the remote is not working.It did start today after a 1 1/2 hour play around with it.It may start later but I do believe their is some moisture still in there after about 4 hours of full sun on it yesterday.Brand new battery a hour or so ago. So we submerse it under the rice overnight?.

It's an aftermarket immobilizer.

Check the area under the steering column for the over ride button.

When I was installing alarms and starters I would usually mount the switch either on the bracket that has the OBD2 port on it or above the parking brake on the metal dash bracket.

It's an aftermarket immobilizer.

Check the area under the steering column for the over ride button.

When I was installing alarms and starters I would usually mount the switch either on the bracket that has the OBD2 port on it or above the parking brake on the metal dash bracket.

Would most people mount them,I heard it was a pig tail and could be wrapped around anything under there. The service manager at one of the ford dealers couldn't find it,but assured me it was there somewhere.

Talked to the system one techs from US,they told me today that they sub the installs out,but must be in the same area.He said it may be a bit hard to find. To deter criminals lol. I just want MY truck back.Thanks.

Would most people mount them,I heard it was a pig tail and could be wrapped around anything under there. The service manager at one of the ford dealers couldn't find it,but assured me it was there somewhere.

Talked to the system one techs from US,they told me today that they sub the installs out,but must be in the same area.He said it may be a bit hard to find. To deter criminals lol. I just want MY truck back.Thanks.

Thanks Dave,The ford support for the service 1 system today told me to cut the red and the red with blue wire out of the controller and splice them together to override the starter issue. What do you think Dave. Found the programming switch thanks to you.Let me know what your take on this is .Thanks.

What about unplugging the power supply to the unit?,would this work?.

Thanks Dave,The ford support for the service 1 system today told me to cut the red and the red with blue wire out of the controller and splice them together to override the starter issue. What do you think Dave. Found the programming switch thanks to you.Let me know what your take on this is .Thanks.

What about unplugging the power supply to the unit?,would this work?.

Without knowing what unit it is I can't really say.

Do you see the module?

If so you should see two 12 guage wires coming out of the harness.

These go to your starter circuit.

Unpluging the unit will do nothing for you as the circuit will remain open.

The two wires need to be connected together to allow the vehicle to start.

My guess is the red and red/blue wires are the wires I'm talking about.

So if you cut them close to the connector (leave a couple of inches in case you want to reconnect the unit) and connect them together (use a crimp connector or solder (you don't want to develop a bad connection as they always become a problem at the worst time)).

Without knowing what unit it is I can't really say.

Do you see the module?

If so you should see two 12 guage wires coming out of the harness.

These go to your starter circuit.

Unpluging the unit will do nothing for you as the circuit will remain open.

The two wires need to be connected together to allow the vehicle to start.

My guess is the red and red/blue wires are the wires I'm talking about.

So if you cut them close to the connector (leave a couple of inches in case you want to reconnect the unit) and connect them together (use a crimp connector or solder (you don't want to develop a bad connection as they always become a problem at the worst time)).

Thanks,I'm not going to cut them to close to the controller,like you said. The ford tech from the states was certain they are the two colors. Haven't been able to squeeze under yet,but I will this weekend. Now knowing Where the programming switch is,I'll just trace the wires back.