Our trip down south

limeyangler

Hi All,

First off, an aknowledgement due to all the kind invitations to fish when i was down, just did not turn out to be on the cards. Time, weather and no internet access conspired to make this a relatively fishing free vacation. Fact of the matter was my wife's mother is very ill and we had to be ready to visit at short notice. Could not make the fish-a-thon either :mellow::( .

Good news, Mother-in-law is doing much better and we had fun despite the stresses.

ON THE 1ST DAY OF TRAVEL WE STOPPED AT LAKE SUPERIOR TO COOL OFF, EAT LUNCH, HAVE A PEE AND STRETCH OUR LEGS

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

WE WERE A LITTLE LATE ARRIVING THE 2ND DAY, BUT GRAMPS (AKA COLONEL SANDERS) WAS WAITING AT THE TRAILER AT ERIEAU

IMG_1890.jpg

JACK MADE FRIENDS QUICKLY WITH GRAMPS' FRIEND SONNY......WATER FIGHTS WERE FREQUENT AND FIERCELY CONTESTED

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

FISHING WAS INFREQUENT AND LIMITED TO THE BREAKWATER WALL AND PIER, FISH WERE SMALL AND SCARCE

IMG_1938.jpg

WE GOT ON THE OPEN WATER COURTESY OF ANOTHER FRIEND OF GRAMPS....JACK AND MUM GOT SOAKED...BUT HAD AN ABSOLUTE SCREAM!

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

TOOK SOME TIME TO DO THE TOURIST THING, NIAGRA, CN TOWER AND A YUMMY CHINESE MEAL ON SPADINA

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

FINALLY GOT TO SEE GRAMMA IN HOSPITAL

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

THEN IT WAS BACK TO ERIEAU

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

ON THE FINAL DAY JACK MET HIS COUSINS FOR THE FIRST TIME

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

THEN IT WAS ANOTHER 2 DAY JOURNEY HOME

IMG_2242.jpg

WAS GLAD TO BE HOME TO BE HONEST......I CANT HANDLE THE CROWDS FOR LONG THESE DAYS, AND THE DAY AFTER GETTING HOME NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED.

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes folks...i'll be sure she gets the message!

Thanks for sharing Simon. That last picture is something, I stared at that picture and my thoughts went back to my child-hood. Great picture for a living room wall and a screen saver. Picture of a thousand words. That made my day :good:

Thanks FF....mum snapped us on Jack's 'secret island' at the bottom of the yard...we often sit out on it and plan the next day.

Glad to hear Ma-in-law is on the mend. Looks like quite the adventure, and looks like Jack won the water fight :thumbsup_anim:

He is evil with a water gun...NO MERCY! Takes after mum completely :whistling:

glad you had a safe and fun trip and that grandma is doing better.

That little monster must have had a great time....I don't mean jack laugh.gif

Also ooks like the walleye and bass did a good job of greeting you on your return!

He bought the little monster with tickets he won at the arcade at Niagra. He named him 'Dave Crick'. LOL...dont know where he pulled that name from...but Dave Crick had to come everywhere with us after that.

Nice report Simon and great to hear your mother-in-law is doing better. I like your idea of coming to the city for a few days and the rest of the year in paradise. If it was me I might be able to do the city trips every 2-3 years, maybe longer in between ;).

I'm glad to hear that your Mother-in-law is doing better Simon :thumbsup_anim:

WAS GLAD TO BE HOME TO BE HONEST......I CANT HANDLE THE CROWDS FOR LONG THESE DAYS, AND THE DAY AFTER GETTING HOME NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED.

I also understand the glad to be home statement.... even though I'm fairly close to the city, I like you, avoid the crowds at all cost :)

Great report and pics!!!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us :thumbsup_anim:

Jacques