Trees down

mikdor

I tried to get into our cottage around Marten River and the road is blocked with blown down trees. I dont know if there is any damage to the cottage or not Heading up with a buddy in the morning to cut our way in hope the place is still standing.There must have been some horific winds.I was supposed to be there before the storm hit but got delayed Thankfully.Does anyone know if a tornado has been repored in that area. Thanks Mike

They called for tornados today, but then it was retracted. Last sunday, there was a good storm that ran through and had us waiting in the forest trying to paddle accross a lake right in Marten River.

Also, earlier today was brutal for about 30 minutes...when did you arrive at your cottage?

Edited to add: this saturday there were some freaky looking clouds north of Tilden; sure looked like tornado clouds to me. I lasted all of 10 minutes on the water before they got too close for my comfort.

Edited by Rod Caster

I got to the camp road at about 3 oclock and the hydro guys who were from New liskeard said they thought it came through at about lunch time.I will report when I get home probably Wednesday sometime. Mike

Edited by mikdor

Everyone staying at Lakair thought we were going to miss yesterday's weather (which nailed Sturgeon Falls and points east and northeast from what I heard) but the formations we were watching near Warren Bay turned very quickly and before I could get my camera from the car, the West Arm got hammered huge yesterday later afternoon/early eve. Lots of hail, some pretty big.

Also heard that tornado warnings had been issued for Verner and I hope they got spared.

was at a buddys cottage 2 weeks ago... 3 big trees down on the 1km private road into his place.... luckly we always bring a saw with us

We started cutting our way to the camp at 8:30 yesterday and had trail wide enough to get the atvs to the camp at 3:00. There are 83 trees down so it will be a while yet before we get the truck in. The good thing is there was no damage to the camp and there will be no shortage of campfire wood for next year. Mike

We started cutting our way to the camp at 8:30 yesterday and had trail wide enough to get the atvs to the camp at 3:00. There are 83 trees down so it will be a while yet before we get the truck in. The good thing is there was no damage to the camp and there will be no shortage of campfire wood for next year. Mike

83 ?? wow thats madness