Family and Fishing

The Fish-A-Thon has become a family tradition for us and my kids very much look forward to it each and every year. That being said, as the case with many of our amazing volunteers we don't actually fish it anymore, but have an awesome time working as a team to make sure everything goes off well and that the group has a great day!

Friday night after we figured we were all ready for the big day a few of us sat around the fire and caught up with one another. It was a great time spent with good friends and family - times that I cherish most in life. We were so busy just hangin out that nobody thought to stop and take a photo. All we managed was a sneaky picture of Averie and Dan's boy Jacob passed out in the trailer together... I'd say I'm keepin' an eye on Jacob, but I'm pretty sure it's Averie that we have to worry about! lol

photo-3.jpg

Sunday afternoon was our time to kick back and relax as a family! We chilled out, did a little fishing, and just enjoyed some quite time at the lake. I don't know how anyone can get through life without times like this! I love every second of it - and it's less then 10 minutes down the road!

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

little rockie..

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

DSCF3331.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

Luke and baby Claira fell asleep early so Averie and I went out for the evening bite... they were on pretty good but after 20 minutes a lightning storm moved in so mom was texting us to get the heck off the water! lol

IMG_4992.jpg

the kiss

IMG_4995.jpg

Mom gave me crap for not washing her face... but we just wanted to catch fish...

IMG_4999.jpg

Safe from lightning in the distance I let hte kid fish from the dock for a couple more minutes

IMG_5003.jpg

And it was finally time to call it an awesome, and very successful weekend!

IMG_5012.jpg

Thanks again to everyone! It's my favorite weekend of the year!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman