Spent the day on Sturgeon Lake

motv8tr

I took my best friend, her two boys and her parents fishing on Sturgeon lake today. I rented a 24' pontoon boat from Lunge Haven (great service) and off we went. I went out to the general area I had fished with Big Cliff last year, and hoped for the best :) There were no big fish caught, although the older boy, 11 yrs, did get a nice little large mouth, so he was pretty happy, even if it wasn't a Walleye ;) This was the first time fishing with their grand parents, so they were pretty stoked. Each boy managed a double header with one grand parent and everyone caught at least one fish.

After spending 4 hours out on the boat, we were fortunate enough to have permission to fish off Big Cliffs dock if the boys weren't ready to call it a day....of course they wanted to keep going. It was a not stop perch/sunfish extravaganza :) I could barely keep up with putting worms on and taking fish off...by the end of the day though, I had both boys doing it for themselves most of the time :) The younger lad,8 yrs, also managed a small small mouth, his first, and the older one caught his first Blue Gill...

Overall it was a great day, with great company, and great weather....the boys asked at the end of the day if we could make this a tradition....hmmmm....I think I can manage that :)

Maureen

....the boys asked at the end of the day if we could make this a tradition....hmmmm....I think I can manage that :)

Maureen

This part warms my heart immensely Maureen. Starting an annual tradition for the boys will lead to a lifetime of wonderful memories for everyone and give them something to look forward to. :thumbsup_anim::worthy:

Freddy

I totally agree with woodenBoater

I'm dying to get my nephews away from their video games and DVD movies and take them fishing. My 5 year old daughter loves it!

Hopefully we can rent a cottage large enough for 3 families so we can get 3 generations together casting

Well Maureen, I am so happy that you got a chance to get out and had a good day. I was hoping to get a chance to see you but by the time I got home from work, you were already gone.

As far as making this a tradition; as long as I own this place you can count on it! :thumbsup_anim: