Beware of stolen gears

commie

My underground condo storage was just broken into today....There was at least 10 other lockers broken in and looks like the thief were targeting sporting equipment, bicycles, golf and fishing gears.

All the 'good' fishing gears was taken...they did leave the nets and PFD's.

Please be on a lookout for for sale ads on Kijji/craig'slist for the following:

St. Croix Avid spinning rod

Shimano Compre baitcaster

Shimano Convergence Spinning rod

Shimano Curado 201e7 baitcaster

Shimano Stradic Ci4 spinning reel

Shimano Sahara spinning reel (2)

numerous lures(soft and hard) to list...

I am totally shocked, stunned, and heartbroken....All my fishing gear gone.

This was in the Yonge and Sheppard area....

You won't need receipts for your gear.

Your insurance company might balk if you were to claim;

Honas Wagner rookie card

Hope Diamond

200" Plasma TV

McIntosh audio system with B&W Nautilus speakers

Autographed copy of the Bible

Although your gear isn't cheap, it's certainly plausible that a fisherman would own such gear.

Sorry about your loss. Take advantage of the opportunity to reassess your setups (rod & reel matching)

I didn't keep copies of my receipts.....not sure how strict Co-Operators are with proving ownership of the content?

My father and I had a pile of gear stolen out of our boat about 5 years ago.

We have insurance with co-operators. Same thing as you, no receipts. The lady at Co-Operators told my Dad to replace everything and send in the bill.

They covered it all no questions asked, it was a about $1500 dollars.

Hopefully your Co-Operators branch is as good to you as the Guelph branch was to us. My parents have all of their insurance through them so that may have had some say in the decision.

Sorry to hear about your gear.

Edited by Grimace

I hope they fall overboard with about 50lb of lead tied to each limb but that is just me... Bad or not it would be karma in my book.

It really sucks that people would do that. I took one of the closets in my apartment and "converted" it to a fishing storage room because there was NO WAY I was going to have my gear in my storage locker, which is sort of an open slat design where everything is visible. Over the years it has been broken into 3 times. All they got was a bike with flat tires, and one seriously bent rim but they still took it LOL. The best was I had all the boxes for my electronics but filled with crap from cleaning up after I moved. They really helped me out by taking those too... Animals.

For insurance let us know if they don't replace everything. I just switched companies and forgot to send them my list of contents which I will now do... So your situation helped me by reminding me to to that.