Free Agent Signings

DRIFTER_016

1) The Leafs have some pretty decent defencemen already, and their prospects are also pretty solid on the blue line. So it would be nice to get Suter, but not for that ridiculous contract.

2) Parise isn't worth nearly that much. Period. Look at comparable contracts and point production.

The Wild need to attract some attention for their fans, but these two players are not worth the superstar contracts they got. Suter is definitely a top two d-man on any team but that contract will hurt the Wild in the long run. Hopefully this move won't end up causing the team to move, but I believe within the next five years the Wild will be looking to relocate. Not just because of these two contracts, but it will be the catalyst.

I'm sufficiently happy with how Burke has been playing this out. He hasn't gotten himself tangled up in ridiculous signings this off season and the notion that we NEED Nash is overrated. Yes, Nash is a good player, but Columbus isn't going to move him unless they get a kings ransom. Let me assure you, Nash is a good player, but definitely not worth giving up all our depth (and cap space) to get.

There are lots of good first line centres available for trade and I hope Burke keeps his lips shut to the media so they don't ruin it for everyone. The ridiculous media intensity (and micro analysis) around the Leafs is in my eyes the primary issue that needs to be fixed. With Burke keeping his cards close to his chest, hopefully we can make some moves to improve the team.

Oh, and it would be nice to get Luongo but again not for a ridiculous price. Maybe Komi and a mid-level prospect or Komi and 3rd (or later round pick in 2013)

Go Leafs!

1) The Leafs have some pretty decent defencemen already, and their prospects are also pretty solid on the blue line. So it would be nice to get Suter, but not for that ridiculous contract.

2) Parise isn't worth nearly that much. Period. Look at comparable contracts and point production.

The Wild need to attract some attention for their fans, but these two players are not worth the superstar contracts they got. Suter is definitely a top two d-man on any team but that contract will hurt the Wild in the long run. Hopefully this move won't end up causing the team to move, but I believe within the next five years the Wild will be looking to relocate. Not just because of these two contracts, but it will be the catalyst.

I'm sufficiently happy with how Burke has been playing this out. He hasn't gotten himself tangled up in ridiculous signings this off season and the notion that we NEED Nash is overrated. Yes, Nash is a good player, but Columbus isn't going to move him unless they get a kings ransom. Let me assure you, Nash is a good player, but definitely not worth giving up all our depth (and cap space) to get.

There are lots of good first line centres available for trade and I hope Burke keeps his lips shut to the media so they don't ruin it for everyone. The ridiculous media intensity (and micro analysis) around the Leafs is in my eyes the primary issue that needs to be fixed. With Burke keeping his cards close to his chest, hopefully we can make some moves to improve the team.

Oh, and it would be nice to get Luongo but again not for a ridiculous price. Maybe Komi and a mid-level prospect or Komi and 3rd (or later round pick in 2013)

Go Leafs!

I'm glad your happy with the way Burke is handling things:whistling:Don't spend any money ,that will do it!lol.

What do the raptors, leafs argos and blue jays have in common besides playing in Toronto?

That's not nice but I like it!!!!

None of them can play HOCKEY.

That's not nice but I like it!!!! Edited by davey buoy

Go Leafs!

Parise is still young, he's only gonna get better. The contracts won't hurt the team. And no, no player is worth the money they are paid. Toronto already overspent on a lackluster player... Grabovski. No need to dump more money

Komisarek is the only defensive dman they have left. If they play him proper minutes, he'll be solid on the back end. Gardiner is still learning and we'll see how he handles year 2. Phaneuf and liles were useless last year.

I like what Burke has done so far. McClemont sounds like a terrific signing and deepens the C position. JVR, if he can stay healthy, is a huge boost for the top6. BB has alot of cash to play with, and with the right manoeuvering, a 1C could be all the team needs to gain some ground in the East.

Nash is redundant at this stage. As long as he stays in the West.

So I heard that carlisle said he is going to be running jvr up the middle on the top line through camp.... I recall a thread a while ago where I said jvr will be tested at center and if nash got here so would he.... I got ripped up for that. Haha.. Now I am not saying it would work just that its gonna happen at least for a test. Anyway... Not much left on the market lou doesn't sound like its gonna happen, and nash who knows.... Is anyone left? What trades are available? It'll be interesting to see what the lines are coming out of camp.

Let me get this straight. JVR, who hasnt played center since college and has a 40% faceoff, is going to C the 1st line? With Bozak, Grabo, Connoly, mcClemont and Steckel on the big club? Kadri and Colbourne are also going to get a look, or are they?? My high opinion of Carlyle has already taken a hit. Silly move is putting it mildly.

Let me get this straight. JVR, who hasnt played center since college and has a 40% faceoff, is going to C the 1st line? With Bozak, Grabo, Connoly, mcClemont and Steckel on the big club? Kadri and Colbourne are also going to get a look, or are they?? My high opinion of Carlyle has already taken a hit. Silly move is putting it mildly.

Don't hold back jigger,tell us what you really think!!lol. Just kidding.As I said earlier someones going to have to pull a rabbit out of there :asshat:to make this team a contender!!!!

Edited by davey buoy

They have more Championships than the Ottawa Profesional Sports teams.

haha, beat me to it!

With regards to JVR possibly moving to centre, I'm not sure about this. He is a natural winger and was only moved to centre in college because they had injury problems, if memory serves me correct. When he was drafted by the Flyers he was drafted as a winger (the move to centre in college happened after the draft), and the move to centre was not appreciated by the Flyers management. So we'll see how the experiment at centre works out for him as he is a big body (though not a checker by nature).

Bozak can hopefully up his game and fill the centre role if JVR doesn't work out there.

Tim Thomas? I'd rather not make the playoffs for another 5 years than have that ignorant self serving bum on the Leafs.