starting the season

As most have you know I lost my dad on Feb 11, 2012 due to a snowmobile crash. This season I did not hesitate to drop the boat in and start fishing. From the start of the season alot was wrong with the boat. The battaries were shot, live well wasent working, the cottgae needed alot of maitnence etc. I think my dad would be so proud of me for everything I accomplished. The boat is fully fixed, the cottage is clean, grass is cut and everything seems to be working. The hardest part about not fishing with my dad is knowing I will never hear him say "fish on" and turn around on the boat and see his rod bent and a smile on his face. I just want to thank him for everything he has taught me over the 17 years of my life. I know most people dont get to share all the great things me and my dad shared in only 17 years.

He certainly is proud of you... not only because you have maintained the boat and the cottage like a man, but because you have a great attitude and appreciate all that your dad has done WITH you all these years.

I hope you have a great fishing season Alex... we are all behind you 100%

He certainly would be proud but not of what you've done but whom you've become. Having lost my Dad a little over a year ago, I certainly miss those times in the boat with him, the laughs and just the time spent together. But the great thing is that we spent that time with our Dad's, creating those memories that we now treasure so much. Good luck with the rest of the season.

I still have many great memories of fishing with my dad as well. He was 57 by the time I came along so I was extra fortunate that he was already retired by the time I was old enough to really enjoy and remember all the fishing and camping trips we had since he had all the time in the world then to do those things. By the sounds of it, your dad is plenty proud of you and will continue to be proud of you when its your turn to pass on those great memories to your children.

Yes, he would be proud, I had a great father who passed in 2005 after a lifetime of hard work and sacrificing for myself and my sister. The early morning hockey games, the piano recitals and the best part was later in life , having him on family vacations with my wife and daughter. He also loved to fish. I try every day to be as great as he was. Be proud.:clapping:

I've never met Tony, your dad, but I'm 100% sure he would be proud of you... the legacy he left behind reflects in you...

My dad past away a few years ago (2009) and to this date, miss him a lot, like you, times that we spent together were priceless...

Remember the good times, cherish them in your heart... Out on the water, don't be afraid to talk to him, he can hear you... I know cause that's what I do.

Good luck with your fishing season!

Jacques

Glad you are keeping the family traditions going Alex. Also glad to see you taking a moment to post on here. Youtr dad's death was a great loss to this community as well. Hope you had a great year with hockey and hope you have a safe summer on the water. PM me and maybe we can hook up for a fish. Blair

Edited by Nipfisher