Glouchester Thursday

fishsevern

Hi OFC,

I'm new to the board and heading out to Glouchester Pool & Little Lake early tomorrow morning. I spoke to the MNR and this area is Zone 16 which means musky is open...if i'm wrong, please let me know.

If its not open the Pike will hopefully still be hungry like a couple weeks ago. Trolled around Little Lake and my daughter caught her first pike (2 lbs) then watched me as I landed a mean 8-9 lber into the boat. My 6 yr old son earlier hooked a 4+ largie and busted the water in front of him before snapping off. Now he wants to watch fishing shows...priceless.

With a little luck, I hope to have some pics to share later. ;)

Welcome to OFC.

Glouchester is Zone 16, from what I can tell. I've personally never fished it, but I know quite a few guys here have.

I didn't think the muskies where that plentiful in the G-pool. Eitherway, it's still gunna be a nice day on the water. Weather network is calling for sun and 20° :thumbsup_anim:

Hi OFC,

I'm new to the board and heading out to Glouchester Pool & Little Lake early tomorrow morning. I spoke to the MNR and this area is Zone 16 which means musky is open...if i'm wrong, please let me know.

If its not open the Pike will hopefully still be hungry like a couple weeks ago. Trolled around Little Lake and my daughter caught her first pike (2 lbs) then watched me as I landed a mean 8-9 lber into the boat. My 6 yr old son earlier hooked a 4+ largie and busted the water in front of him before snapping off. Now he wants to watch fishing shows...priceless.

With a little luck, I hope to have some pics to share later. ;)

Welcome to the board..I'll hopefully be fishing Gloucester this weekend..I'm also curious what's happening there! some eyes and pike would be nice-skdds

Tough, tough lake for muskie. Was out lastnight with the oldman, did well on pike (8 to the boat in about 2-3 hrs).. Tough to keep the damn smallies off though.. At least they are off the beds so I don't feel too bad about it.. we were catching the pike in 8-12ft off the deeper weedlines.. Rapala X-Raps were the ticket..

Well the musky gods were laughing at us that day. You really need a whole day to troll around the islands on right before marie, then you have the 100 ft hole bay. We tried for 4 hours but by 11:30 we said thats enough and fished pike back in Little Lake. Slow afternoon with 3 under 4lbs. At 5pm we were trolling back in when we hit a well known spot and caught 7 more trolling back and forth. All ranged 2-5 lbs with the biggest being 30". So 10 Pike and 3 smallies. Going back up July 6-8.....can't wait. Thanks for reading and good luck to you.

Well the musky gods were laughing at us that day. You really need a whole day to troll around the islands on right before marie, then you have the 100 ft hole bay. We tried for 4 hours but by 11:30 we said thats enough and fished pike back in Little Lake. Slow afternoon with 3 under 4lbs. At 5pm we were trolling back in when we hit a well known spot and caught 7 more trolling back and forth. All ranged 2-5 lbs with the biggest being 30". So 10 Pike and 3 smallies. Going back up July 6-8.....can't wait. Thanks for reading and good luck to you.

I feel your pain! just got back from GP too. Lot of smallies hitting the lure while trolling near big chute and the channel. I was hoping for walleye..don't think they come too easily in this lake, although I caught one there last year. What are some of your go to lures/details trolling for the pike?. I too will be back there..staying near Marie I. about mid july. -skdds