The weekends successes

Lunker777

Hey everyone

It was a great weekend.... lots of sun, friends, fishing and work.

Friday, I took the drive to see the guys at Angling outfitters and picked up the new Terrova. 80#, 60" shaft.... should work well on the Polar Kraft.

Saturday morning I was up and at them early... I wanted to get the Terrova on and I knew it was going to turn into an ALL day affair. The biggest part of the install was deciding where I wanted to locate the batteries. I was going to put them in the rear of the boat with the other electronics... but weight and room were a factor. The ended up on the front deck... I lost a bit of deck space but they are pretty well out of the way .

cbdcc654.jpg

0160959a.jpg

3f9a8499.jpg

It was a ROUGH install of the wiring and battery boxes, I wanted to take it on the water and see how it worked before starting to run the wires. We did that yesterday and with the added weight of the motor and two group 27 batteries. PLUS three 200lbs plus guys. Top speed was 29.5 MPH. Im happy with the location... I will run the wires this week.

Like I said, I was able to get it on the water yesterday for a good run with a couple buddies.... The day started out a little slow... but then quickly turned on. We picked up 3-4 NICE perch and two walleye in about 30 mins. We brought out two dozen worms ( should've had more ) any how... we finished the first dozen, opened the next.... ONE WORM !!!!!!! 10 miles out in the lake... and we are out of bait before 10AM. :wallbash: :wallbash: With the weather and fishing the way it was... there was no way we were calling it a day... so back to the launch for fuel and FOUR dozen worms this time ! :thumbsup_anim: haha Of course checking to make sure there is actually worms in the container.

We trolled an area about the size of a football field all day. It was pretty well non stop action... countless rock bass & perch, 8 eyes, a BIG sheepshead, and a few smallies.

A few pics of the harvest...

85e9d0ec.jpg

8f5683ea.jpg

I dont eat fish in particular.... BUT I did have some last night and I must admit it was good.

95a503ba.jpg

So all and all it was a great weekend, The Terrova w/ I-pilot is unreal for trolling. The cruise control feature is great and made yesterday a WHOLE lot more fun. Pick a heading and set your speed and let the trolling motor do the work. If you needed to cool off... hit the spot lock and jump in for a swim. Its great and that was only my first trip out with it. I cant wait to see what else it can do.

Have a great day folks...

PS... where sun screen..... ed79cc92.jpg

I'd definitely be extending that casting platform over the batteries!

Thats my plan.... well the plan actually is to remove the stock floor and build my own up front that would incorporate the batteries.

Thanks for the comments guys ! :thumbsup_anim:

Beautiful setup. Great report, congrats!

Are you sure that your boat registration number is correct?

Yea Roy.... Your talking about the ONT vs the ON right ? Another buddy of mine said the same thing.

I will TRIPLE check my form but Im sure it says ONT... Unless the vinyl guy messed it up, I gave him the correct number.

Great idea. We did the same on our old 15ft Legend.. Made it a completely different boat (Also gets some weight over the front as well)

Yea I was worried I was going to lose some speed .... according to Jos at Angling outfitters... I was suppose to lose 5-6 MPH !! So I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Great report!... Glad you like the TM.. I just installed the same one on my rig yesterday. I still need to pick up some batteries and crimp on the connections.

I picked up the 6 gauge wire at a local electrical place for cheap. I used that wire to get an idea of placement. Now I want to find a nice marine grade wire thats a little more flexible and coated a little nicer.

Are you wiring a switch to yours ?

Before this we had, 2 digits, 1 letter and 4-5 digits

OK.......then I must of missed the middle letter......I knew they didn't lead with a letter....did all boats have to conform or are there still some out there running about like that......

In the states you don't need reg numbers if you document the vessel.....the way are reg fees are going up, maybe I should look into that.... :whistling:

Before this we had, 2 digits, 1 letter and 4-5 digits

OK.......then I must of missed the middle letter......I knew they didn't lead with a letter....did all boats have to conform or are there still some out there running about like that......

In the states you don't need reg numbers if you document the vessel.....the way are reg fees are going up, maybe I should look into that.... :whistling:

If you have the old numbers you can still use them.

I think I will leave them the way they are. If its a matter of the T being there.... well, its good enough for me ! Doesn't stop me from catching fish ! haha

Thanks for looking everyone

I think I will leave them the way they are. If its a matter of the T being there.... well, its good enough for me ! Doesn't stop me from catching fish ! haha

Thanks for looking everyone

I believe Roy is trying to prevent a citation ($$$) for you having improper Reg #