Ottawa Bound.

DanD

My driving record speaks for itself........NO ACCIDENTS since I started driving 41 years ago......I hold a Class A license in NYS with endorsements for tankers/passengers and piloted a 90 ton Pettibone Crane before I retired from the RR....much HEAVIER then any of those trucks on today's roads.

I knew I recognized you from somewhere... lumbering down the middle lane on I-90 in your crane.

Just in case you didn't know, 90 ton refers to capacity. Your crane weighs about as much as the 200 or so garbage trucks rolling down the 401 each day.

I wasn't looking for a pissing match but if you're going to take a shot at me, I'm going to return the favour. This is about Dan's daughter graduating and I'm done with the right lane/middle lane conversation.

Sorry Dan

I left that part out in the first post; the vehicle we were in is a 2012 Chevy Traverse; one of the demo’s from the dealership where my Cathy works; the frigging thing is/was brand new!

Ooooops! The Avalanche would have left more of an impression on the other guy!

I knew I recognized you from somewhere... lumbering down the middle lane on I-90 in your crane.

Just in case you didn't know, 90 ton refers to capacity. Your crane weighs about as much as the 200 or so garbage trucks rolling down the 401 each day.

I wasn't looking for a pissing match but if you're going to take a shot at me, I'm going to return the favour.

You shot first......I shoot more accurate..... :)

Most of the I-90 here only has 2 lanes...... :whistling: ....our crane needed a special permit to use most of the I-90.....Because of that we rarely used the NYS Thruway.

I'm sure our Pettibone crane weighed more then a garbage truck as it was rigged to ride the rail also..... :whistling: ....yes, I was also qualified to run the rail.....here one I like the best......

Locomotive.jpg

I believe the speed limit on the 401 is 100k.....not 120k....do you always break the law....do you also run red lights, stop signs......do you wear a seat belt....do you drink and drive......do you drive on unsafe tires....you may be everyone's pet peeve.... :rolleyes:

I’m terribly sorry to hear about your accident Dan.

But come on Billybob. I know your not one to ever back down from a pissing match, which you tent to get into all the time on OFC. I don't expect you to agree to anything I'm saying. Infact, I expect a nasty reply.

But are you really trying to tell me that you set your cruise at exactly, or slightly less then the posted speed limit, then drive in the middle lane?

That’s just not using common courtesy, and there is no argument there.

http://www.roadrules.ca/content/%E2%80%9Cslower-traffic-keep-right

Sorry you disagree.....but yes.....I do set cruise control for the speed limit on the 401 as I'm towing my boat always on that highway... :)

As I have said several times before......I find too much merging in the right lane and with vehicles so close together it's difficult for them to merge in and out with a lot of traffic in the right lane....but, to each his own.. :) ....drive safe.....the life you save may be your own.... ;)

Congratulations to your daughter Dan, that's quite the accomplishment for her, your wife & you must be very proud.

As for the accident, thank God nobody was injured and hopefully the courts will do something to slow that other driver down next time.

I donno about the rules of the interstates down south BB but up here on a 3 lane hwy trucks can only use the middle lane to pass. You are in effect (ab)using their passing lane and creating traffic havoc by doing the limit or south of it in the middle lane. Like the adage says, keep right except to pass and move your slow lumbering self over to the right lane. Like you, when towing, I rarely go north of 100km/hr either but I keep to the right whenever possible.

Edited by Raf

hopefully the courts will do something to slow that other driver down next time.

Thanks Lew.

Michelle (my daughter) has a vested interest as to whether this guy tries to get off on the charge.

She’s pissed and you don’t want to piss off a 26 year old female lawyer and think you’re getting off scot free. LOL

She said something about the Crown, professional courtesy and exercising the full extent of the law. Not 100% sure what that all means; but I'm glad I'm not the target. :whistling:

Dan.