First Season trip of the HMS LeXXington

LeXXington

It was the first seasonal test weekend of the HMS LeXXington, and what a day too do it!!!

Over the winter Tbayboy and I lugged all the stuff out on the ICE, drilled holes, walking, huffing and puffing. While on the ice he was kind enough to listen to me Bi#$th while I was in my hut about the cold lack of fish etc.

I felt I should take him out with me and show him real fishing, OK it was perch but still

Made arrangements to meet at 7am in Orillia, forgot how long that drive was. Got out tickets, Minnows etc and off to the launch.

The engine fired up, no leaks, and put the plug in :) out we went to the narrows for the super highway of perch.

All day we kept pulling them up if we got a while without a hit, move around a little and start again. We must have caught 50 or more but only keeping the larger ones for a nice feed. I am glad we packed it in a little early around 3pm cause by the time I had finished cleaning mine I was ready for bed.

My poor first mate was so excited about fishing, poor thing tuckered herself out and slept all the way home. I can guarantee as soon as she see's the fishing stuff again she will sit on my coat so I can't leave without her :)

Here are some pics of the day,. No tagged fish so I guess next year :)

gallery_106_92_6276.jpg

gallery_106_92_61371.jpg

gallery_106_92_34276.jpg

Great report Lex. Those little buggers are a pain to clean for sure. Paul and I have that discussion every time we catch perch. "Do you feel like cleaning it?"

Great pics. Looks like your dog wishes she had a rod of her own :lol:

Joey

Was a pleasure to be there for the maiden voyage (oh yeah - that beats ice fishing) its just too bad neither of us actually took a picture of the boat. She's a great setup and Lexx has done a really good job tweaking it out. Joey your exactly right - after we realized getting big ones wasn't going to be hard the criteria quickly became - "do I want to clean this one" before tossing them in the live well or back in the lake. And 'the first mate' was probably the best fisherman in the boat, we had to sometimes trick her to get looking away while we put fish in the live well or else she'd have been full of perch sushi.