Calcutta TE been phazed out ?

esoxansteel

Heard reports of the Calcutta TE series of baitcasters, been phazed out for another model, not sure of the model, or if it is true, but checking the web, ive discovered the nut that holds the shaft on the TE 400 is already discontinued part number BNT1857, which is likely putting truth to what ive heard, my source was not sure as to the model replacing the Calcutta TE.

I've heard the same, and also about the parts not being available. I thought that shimano kept parts for their reels stocked for at least 5 years after they were discontinued. I was seriously considering buying a TE but now I'm not sure if I want to buy a reel that will last a lifetime if I won't be able to get it fixed.

Really surprised to hear that Steve, the TE is by far the sweetest musky reel I've ever used. Hopefully they'll come out with something as good if the story is true.

They are one sweet reel Lew, smooth as silk and dependable in every way, I certainly hope this bullet proof legend will continue for many years, at least while were able to hold a musky rod and reel anyway.

I just spoke with Shimano customer service and the fella I was talking to said he's heard nothing about the TE being discontinued.

He said though, even if it was, parts would still be available for at least 5 years.

I just spoke with Shimano customer service and the fella I was talking to said he's heard nothing about the TE being discontinued.

He said though, even if it was, parts would still be available for at least 5 years.

So I should cancel my rush order for 10 new TEs?:o

I think I would want to be able to get parts longer then 5 years, when you dump over 400.00 for a TE or 500 for a TE LJV, when you can still get parts for a Mitchell 300 that is 50 years old, and was no where near the price of a TE. like I previously mentioned part number BNT 1857 has already been discontinued when doing an internet search through Google, on the 400 TE, so we will wait and see, I hope it isnt true though, although ive seen it with other high end model reels

• 3 weeks later...